We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

MEX to Valle de Bravo ..best route?

Which Valle de Bravo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
california
MEX to Valle de Bravo ..best route?

Hi,

Can someone give us advice?

we are travelling to valle de bravo during chrsitmas. We get to Mexico city international airport (MEX) at 7:00 am on DEC 25.

I wonder what is better ( Faster/cheaper )

1) MEX - Toluca then catch a bus from Toluca to Valle de bravo

2) MEX to Observatorio then catch a staight bus to valle de bravo

I want to make it to Valle before 11:00 am, if possible, to be able to fly that same day .

if someone has tried this and knows what is best please give us some advice!

Thanks!!!!

Dallas, Tx
reviews: 11
1. Re: MEX to Valle de Bravo ..best route?

I would recommend a personal driver hired in Mexcio City.

Chicago, Illinois
2. Re: MEX to Valle de Bravo ..best route?

Taking the bus from the Observatorio station makes sense to me. It seems to me that you can catch a bus and be there (Valle de Bravo) by 11 a.m. But we know nothing about your trip, schedule, etc., so it's not easy to comment on your question.

Whittier, California
3. Re: MEX to Valle de Bravo ..best route?

Lady,

I've never used the bus service but you may want to call the taxi service from here and ask if they serve that area. The Sitio 300 phone number is 011 (52)55-5571-9344

M

Chicago, Illinois
4. Re: MEX to Valle de Bravo ..best route?

I think I need some glasses! I re-read your question, and see that you told us when you're arriving/traveling. Given the hour of arrival, and your desire to be in Valle de Bravo by 11 a.m. - I think you could probably just make it, if you had a taxi take you there from the airport. The taxi ride isn't going to be inexpensive, though - I'm guessing that the cost would be about the peso equivalent of US$50+. Karlosmiguel provided the telephone number of Sitio 300 taxi company, which is the secure/authorized service from the airport. I don't know if the people answering the telephones at Sitio 300 speak English, but you might want to try calling to see what you can learn. There's no way to make that trip by bus, given the time constraints you've outlined.

Chicago
5. Re: MEX to Valle de Bravo ..best route?

The best way is to drive or by taxi. To be honest, the roads are narrow but everyone still drives pretty fast. I would be too chicken to go by bus. It is a beautiful drive both routes you mentioned.

reviews: 2
6. Re: MEX to Valle de Bravo ..best route?

Ok, I go to Valle often and the best and quickest way (besides driving yourself, which is not all that bad of a drive, although confusing getting out of Mexico City from the airport) is to take the airport bus to Toluca, (they leave every hour beginning at 7:30am -subject to change- and cost about $10.00 US). The ride takes a little over one hour. Then from the bus terminal (which is not the main Toluca bus station, this terminal is just for the airport buses) take one of the taxis out front. You can negogiate the price (which should be around $35.00-45.00 US) with the drivers. It will take another hour and a half, so chances are slim you will get there by 11:00. Even driving, depending on city traffic which can be horrendous, will take at least 2 1/2 to 3 hours. And that doesn't include the time it takes to get through customs etc. at the airport. (By the way, a taxi from the airport in Mexico City to Valle is going tobe alot more expensive than $50.00, more like $150.00. By the way, the bus from Observatorio is convenient but there in only one direct busline that leaves the terminal for Valle, and it only leaves three times a day, I don't know the schedule.

Do you have your hotel lined up? Xmas is a very busy time in Valle and you need to make arrangements as soon as possilbe. They can be quite expensive.

London, United...
reviews: 16
7. Re: MEX to Valle de Bravo ..best route?

Can anyone post driving directions from Polanco? Thanks!!

London, United...
reviews: 16
8. Re: MEX to Valle de Bravo ..best route?

Okay, so we decided to just wing it. We made it to Toluca just fine, then our rental car broke down outside Toluca, after we got totally turned around with the directions the person gave us at the toll booth on the highway. So we ended up leaving the rental car in Toluca and just taking a cab the rest of the way.

I definitely recommend getting very clear directions before you go. I have no idea what we did outside of Toluca, but we got all turned around.

If your hotel provides a transfer service from Mexico City (Rodavento does, we took it back), take it.

9. Re: MEX to Valle de Bravo ..best route?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 am, September 18, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Valle de Bravo
More Valle de Bravo Topics