We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
TRAVEL ALERT: SAFETY AND SECURITY More info

Dickenson Guest House in Guadalajara

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Ajijic hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chapala, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Chapala, Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta, Ajijic
reviews: 177
Dickenson Guest House in Guadalajara

Hi, Wondering if anyone has stayed at Dickenson Guest House in Guad ( Zapopan) lately.

Reviews looked good and Guad. Reporter had a write up on the place which sounded good. Have some friends coming for visit looking to spend some time in Guad., and also thinking I may want to do some tourist activities as well in near future, but since live in general area, not looking for the usual hotel atmosphere.

I hear great wifi speed, a necessity for me and others I know as well as many other amenities. Any input would be appreciated...thanks

Ixtapa, Mexico
reviews: 14
11. Re: Dickenson Guest House in Guadalajara

Marly, I am in GDL in a place called La Ruina Gardens in Centro Historico. It is fabulous. Check it out on VRBO. Not expensive, very nice and close to Centro Historico but very quiet Let me know if you cant find it

Bezerk. We are having a great time in GDL. Will be in Chapala Monday.

Chapala, Mexico
Destination Expert
12. Re: Dickenson Guest House in Guadalajara

snowbird...Bienvenidos a Mexico y Guadlajara....muy feliz you are having a good time......Chapala on monday huh....I hope to be in Guad. at airport picking up DH, but bad storms so hope he makes it....boo hoo...

The Posadas are on our street tomorrow so we spend a good portion of day decorating the street, sorry you will miss it, but there will be one every night till X-Mas eve, so sure you will see one!!! ( Not sure if they do them in Guad., is Guad all decorated for X-MAS? Enjoy your time!!!!!!

How long will you be in Chapala I forget?? sorry...

Ixtapa, Mexico
13. Re: Dickenson Guest House in Guadalajara

Hello Bezerk, we had the posada when we arrived. We were at the café next to our place. It was a nice surprise. We are planning only one day in Chapala but will pack a light bag in case we decide to stay and find a place. We are having a great time but are tired at night.

Ixtapa, Mexico
14. Re: Dickenson Guest House in Guadalajara

Thank you again Bezerk. How you drive in GDL fools me! never seen so much traffic. GDL Centro is beautiful with lights. We are going to spend some time there tonight and enjoy the festivities. The place is packed and we enjoy it very much.

Chapala, Mexico
Destination Expert
15. Re: Dickenson Guest House in Guadalajara

snowbird....Ah so happy to hear you are having fun in Guad....and yes I bet you are tired at night. I am always exhausted after a day in Guad. LOL. Guad. os all lit up with lights, oh isn't it pretty.....did you go on a horse and buggy ride to see the lights we did that a few years in a row and it was so special...

How I drive in Guad....hahhaha...fast...Took me a few years to get up the courage but now it is just second nature I guess...you want or need to do something there you either take a bus, taxi or you learn to drive there....so I learned...they sure do drive fast but once you know where you are going, you know which of the 6 or 8 lanes to be in and well...it gets easier...never a pleasure but easier... a horn and a lead foot are requirements and the expectation of lots of traffic...LOL. We like to frequent Guad around this time, as contrary to what you feel, Guad has less traffic now than usual as lots of people have left for the beaches or here LOL. Right now lots of Tapatios arriving lakeside ( Guadalarians).

Hope you enjoy your time in Lakeside as well....you will think it is country bumpkin land as opposed to Guad especially if you go away from Ajijic .....

Continue to have fun....I hope I am off to Guad. airport tomorrow night to pick up DH, but alas as of this moment, big snows are hitting, so unsure whether will get out tomorrow in morning..who knows he may spend a while in airports for next few days, while I pine away waiting.....I love Guad airport....I love people watching there and it has changed so much....fun!

Enjoy rest of vacation and Bienvenidos to my part of the woods!!!

Concord, California
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
reviews: 105
16. Re: Dickenson Guest House in Guadalajara

snowbird....

Thanks for the tip on La Ruina. It looks excellent. How did you find it? What colonia is it in? Would it work for a single female for 3 or 4 nights.

buen viaje en Chapala.

Ixtapa, Mexico
17. Re: Dickenson Guest House in Guadalajara

Marly, You can Google La ruina gardens, Guadalajara, the owner also has La Sabila Gardens. The site is well made and all the information is there. I dont know the colonia, it is near the Dellogado Theater and Hotel Morales. However, yesterday we went to Tlaquepaque and we loved it even more. We visited Quinta Don Jose and Casa de la Flores. Both are nice but loved Quinta. I found Tlaquepaque better located than Centro. La Ruina is in a working class location, very safe.

Bezerk. We went to the Coca Cola parade last night. It was so much fun. They say there was one million people and I think two Canadians LOL. Off to Ajijic.

18. Re: Dickenson Guest House in Guadalajara

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 pm, August 10, 2009