We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
TRAVEL ALERT: SAFETY AND SECURITY More info

current restaurants

Which Ajijic hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cape Cod Mass.
reviews: 2
current restaurants

We are leaving for Ajijic on Feb. 2 and have never been there before. Can anyone suggest current and good restaurants in the town?

Can anyone suggest any new, ie current good restaurants in ajijic. We are leaving for mexico on Feb.

Chapala, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Chapala, Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta, Ajijic
reviews: 151
1. Re: current restaurants

There are so many new restaurants here now it is hard to keep track. The list is long, long.

The Blue Agave heading towards Chapala is nice, good food, nice ambiance, overlooks lake.

Villa del Arte, heading west of Ajijic is consistent and good food.

We now have a subway if that is in your tatse and a Dominoes.

Grab a local free paper when you arrive and check out the restaurants advertised.

Cape Cod Mass.
reviews: 2
2. Re: current restaurants

thank you Bezerk for your reply regarding restaurants in Ajijic. We are not at all interested in Dominoes or SubWay!!! Gracias

Chapala, Mexico
Destination Expert
3. Re: current restaurants

Hi, No I did not think you were interested in Dominioes or Subway LOL, just put it in to show the growth expansion we have had here. Those of us also from Mass., at times, rare, crave the things we for years were unable to obtain LOL. I right now would kill for a Maine lobster!!!

You will find more restaurants here than you can visit, many new. Restaurants come and go here as we of course are a tourist area and many do not survive in the off season, or just when they get it really good they change something.

Good luck in your eating out ventures I am sure you will find lots to eat .......

Have a safe trip.

ontario
4. Re: current restaurants

Hello; I am leaving for the same place on feb. 1st and wonder if they have the same electrical system as the USA. Bob

Chapala, Mexico
Destination Expert
5. Re: current restaurants

Yes Mexico has same electrical as US but there are many fluctations, so I plug all appliances etc. into surge protectors. Our electricity can go higher or lower than voltage in states, guess you would call it unstable LOL. But you do not need any adapters or anything.

Ajijic
6. Re: current restaurants

There are several awesome restaurants in west Ajijic,with reasonable prices. El Meson de Ajijic-Steaks/Grill, Chinese Lantern, Rivoli's-european/international *****, Armando's, Manix.

We prefer these as they are not as touristy as some in the middle of Ajijic. Don Quijotes, for lunch, is great...it is in the middle of Ajijic.

Hope you have a fabulous vacation here in paradise!

Feel free to e-mail us with any other questions you may have!

God Bless You!

yellowrose_amp@yahoo.com

Florida
reviews: 1
7. Re: current restaurants

I have lived in Ajijic on and off for almost 20 years. Some of the restaurants listed are quite good, but many are iffy. The two best restaurants in Ajijic (in my openion) are "4" a new restaurant just up the street from The "New Posida" and "St. Peters, just off the main square. Good luck.

San Miguel de...
reviews: 50
8. Re: current restaurants

Have not been there in a while, but we thought both Pedro's and Manix, both on Calle Ocampo very good.

M

Chapala, Mexico
reviews: 6
9. Re: current restaurants

Someone on the chapala webboard said they paid $860 pesos (about $86 USD) for a pizza, an expensive salad, a fish dish and 5 glasses of wine at "4."

Chapala, Mexico
Destination Expert
10. Re: current restaurants

"4" is very uppercrust and very expensive.

The "Thirsty Turtle" on the carretera across from Coke company in San Antonio, is really good..lot of variety, good service, good prices. Give it a try. Entertainment at night and 15 peso margaritas. Nuevo Posada continues to be good. Manix remains good but have added upstairs and can have loud music and such, some have complained of that.