We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
TRAVEL ALERT: SAFETY AND SECURITY More info

Hotel Casa Blanca

Which Ajijic hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ohio
Hotel Casa Blanca

Will be spending 3 weeks in Lakeside in Late January and February. I have booked a room at the Hotel Casa Blanca which I believe is considered a B&B and not a hotel. Anyway, has anyone stayed there? Is it within walking distance of retaurants and shops? Thanks in advance for any help provided.

Chapala, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Chapala, Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta, Ajijic
reviews: 151
1. Re: Hotel Casa Blanca

Unfortunately I have never stayed here, probably cause I live here, so I go elsewhere to vacation LOL, but it is right in heart of Ajijic, so yes you will be walking distance to many restaurants and shopping! Also note taxis are reasonable here and buses downright cheap.

Ohio
2. Re: Hotel Casa Blanca

Thank you. Maybe we'll meet whule I am at Lakeside. Nancy and I are looking for folks to talk to.

Chapala, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Chapala, Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta, Ajijic
reviews: 151
3. Re: Hotel Casa Blanca

That would be nice....I am going away end of January for a week though and then again two weeks end of Feb.

Do not worry though, you will meet lots of english speaking people here I am positive.

If I can try to answer any further questions feel free to ask.....

Sporatic time on computer last few weeks though and upcoming weeks, just got over holidays and husband here and then getting over respiratory illness and now have an abcessed tooth.....medical care..excellent here LOL!!!

Austin, Texas
reviews: 1
4. Re: Hotel Casa Blanca

To answer your question, Yes it is in walking distance of everything in town. The Plaza and church are an uphill walk on cobblestone roads. The Lake is just a couple blocks down the road. The B&B had continental breakfasts. Right across the street is the Ajijic association. (lots of postings there for Canadian & American Visitors looking to relocate). Lake Chapalla is huge but not clean. The view of the Mountains and the Lake are breath taking. As for the clubs people there party till the wee hours of the morning. I was going to sleep and they were just getting warmed up. Loads of Americans and Canadians living there. Language was no problem. I liked the vendors at the Plaza for food and drink. The B&B also has internet for it's guests. The people @ Casa Blanca will help with anything you need. Very friendly and sincere. Enjoy!!

5. Re: Hotel Casa Blanca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 pm, September 16, 2009