We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions for Feb 2012.

reviews: 9
Suggestions for Feb 2012.

Hello. Me and my partner are gearing to Toronto for a weeks vacation in feb. we are spending a few days with a friend but also have a few days for ourselves. We thought about staying in muskoka for some walking or anything else come to that.

Does anyone happen to have some good suggestions for what we fear might be some very cold weather.

We are not experienced out door types so I guess a good little bit of home comfort would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 69
1. Re: Suggestions for Feb 2012.

Hi Selfation;

If you're "not experienced out door types", I wouldn't suggest Muskoka in the winter.

Best Regards

Toronto
2. Re: Suggestions for Feb 2012.

I wouldn't rule out Muskoka in the winter based on not being "experienced out door types". Staying in a resort, hotel or rented cabin in Muskoka and going for a few hikes on snowshoes is hardly a wilderness survival scenario. It is unclear from the question whether the OP has any experience driving in snowy weather, and that is the only real concern for inexperienced visitors in the area.

As for the original question, Selfation, I can't tell if you're asking about activities, accommodations, or warm clothing tips. I'm sure the forum would be happy to help if you clarify.

3. Re: Suggestions for Feb 2012.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, August 04, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Muskoka District