We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trouble finding a place to stay in Ingonish area

Which Ingonish hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston
reviews: 24
Trouble finding a place to stay in Ingonish area

We are piecing together our July trip to CB and think we want to stay in the Ingonish area for a night to do some hiking. We are planning on going towards Mabou, having come from Baddeck. But I am not finding many decent reviews for places to stay in Ingonish with the exception of the pricey Seascape coastal Retreat and Lantern Hill and Hollow. Can anyone recommend a clean quiet spot for one night? We aren't high maintenance but again, on TA, I am not reading too many decent reviews other than these two places. Thanks for your help!

14 replies to this topic
Cape Breton
reviews: 2
11. Re: Trouble finding a place to stay in Ingonish area

check out www.experienceingonish.ca. I would recommend The Point Cottages. The hidden gem of Ingonish!

Boston
12. Re: Trouble finding a place to stay in Ingonish area

Thanks CaperinCuba. We are in the midst of booking Seascape since we just wanted to move on and get all our reservations over with. We are waiting for the all important confirmation of our reservation which is one thing we didn't expect and have found pretty "common"- that this time of year, many of the Inn and Resort owners are in Florida and are managing their reservations remotely. So we are making reservations "the old fashioned way" and are trading emails and phone calls rather than booking through an online reservation service. Hopefully for all the places we've done this with, it will work out.

Boston
13. Re: Trouble finding a place to stay in Ingonish area

As a quick follow up to this thread, we DID stay at the Seascape and LOVED it, probably one of the nicest most scenic spots I have ever gone to. Worth every penny (we are usually tight with the dollar) and I definitely want to go back there someday!

Nova Scotia
Destination Expert
for Nova Scotia
reviews: 81
14. Re: Trouble finding a place to stay in Ingonish area

Thanks so much for coming back with this report and for posting several reviews.

I am glad you had a good time in Nova Scotia and we hope you spread the word and come back soon!

Reply to: Trouble finding a place to stay in Ingonish area
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Ingonish
More Ingonish Topics