We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

holiday with dogs

Which Haute-Savoie hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kettering
reviews: 4
holiday with dogs

Hi. I'm travelling to the area (Marigny and Faverges) for a fortnight with my two labradors but I'm getting worried about how restricted we're going to be in terms of walking, swimming, eating out etc. Has anyone got any advice, information or tips please? Thanks

Andrésy, France
reviews: 89
1. Re: holiday with dogs

Dogs are generally popular and well received in France. You shouldn't have any big problems. In general dogs aren't accepted on beaches, but in Savoie that shouldn't be a big issue. They are often welcome in restaurants.

Kettering
2. Re: holiday with dogs

Thank you.....just a bit nervous as never taken my pooches abroad before!

Newcastle
reviews: 15
3. Re: holiday with dogs

We are also taking our lab in august, let me know how you get on. I've heard conflicting reports about being able to take them in the cable cars which would be a nightmare as we want to do a lot of walking/hiking.

Chesterfield...
reviews: 17
4. Re: holiday with dogs

If you need any help in finding a recommended Vet for the Pet Passport scheme on your way back to the UK have a look at this Google Map - http://goo.gl/maps/qyxi6

If you use any other Vet that isn't on the list could you let me have as many details as possible and I will add it to the Map.

Any updated information is gratefully received.

We leave on Wednesday with our dog for a month travelling around France and if the weather doesn't improve soon we will be spitting feathers!

Kettering
5. Re: holiday with dogs

Hi. We're not planning on any cable car rides but if I find anything out I'll let you know. Our first week in Marigny was great - very dog friendly. The girls had lots of swims, lots of long walks and were allowed in most restaurants. We're in Faverges now. There's a huge variety of walks in the area. Annecy was very busy yesterday (a Sunday and the Tour De France etape with 13500 riders!) but it was still ok with the dogs. They're not allowed on the beaches but you can walk round and find areas where they can get in the lake. It's very hot here and our black lab is suffering a bit so we're intending to go up higher today where it's cooler. Hope you have a great holiday

Kettering
6. Re: holiday with dogs

Great link, thanks. Will use the Ugine vet. Weather's great here - hope you found the same!

7. Re: holiday with dogs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 pm, July 30, 2014