We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

journey from colombo airport to Blue water Wadduwa

Which Wadduwa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
aberdare
reviews: 22
journey from colombo airport to Blue water Wadduwa

Please can anybody tell me what the journey is like from the airport to Blue water hotel . I understand it's a 2 hr journey , but does it run through small villages ?

Thanks Carol

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
reviews: 273
1. Re: journey from colombo airport to Blue water Wadduwa

No not at all. It is mainly passing colombo and few major towns but there are few by roads to avoid major traffic in the city. Yes it will be 2 hrs or less a journey.

Regards,

Treshi.

aberdare
reviews: 22
2. Re: journey from colombo airport to Blue water Wadduwa

Hi Treshi ,

Thanks for the info about the journey to Blue water . I have booked

this hotel for May 20012 , but i hate being a passenger in a car so i am hoping it will be a pleasant journey .

Kindest regards . Carol

Lancashire, UK
Destination Expert
for Flic En Flac, Mauritius
reviews: 140
3. Re: journey from colombo airport to Blue water Wadduwa

It is a little slow but after the flight from UK we were happy just to sit back, relax and watch it all pass by. We actually thought it quite fascinating.

You will have a great holiday, we loved the Blue Water and would return.

Mazza :-)

St Austell
reviews: 26
4. Re: journey from colombo airport to Blue water Wadduwa

Mazza is so right. A journey through Sri Lanka is nothing like the characterless nothing of a motorway trip in the UK. There is always something to look at and you are hardly aware of the time you spend in the vehicle actually getting there.

I can vividly remember my first ever journey in Sri Lanka. We were collected from the airport by our driver and taken to our Colombo city hotel. On the way, we passed some sort of procession which included decorated elephants, men walking on the highest stilts I've ever seen and also one man suspended from the back of a lorry by a rope and a hook pierced through the skin on his back. We all just stared, openmouthed! What an introduction. Welcome to Sri Lanka.....!

Sue

Lancashire, UK
Destination Expert
for Flic En Flac, Mauritius
reviews: 140
5. Re: journey from colombo airport to Blue water Wadduwa

What wonderful sights Susie, for me it was the cows alongside the roads and the "skilled" driving of the tuk tuks, no such thing as road rage.

I can't wait to go back, just researching and trying to plan now.

Mazza :-)

Bangalore
reviews: 13
6. Re: journey from colombo airport to Blue water Wadduwa

hi, can anyone pl tel me if taxis are readily available from the airport to go to the Blue Waters? and how much approx it costs? plan to visit in Jan, any help on the above info would be greatly appreciated

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
reviews: 144
7. Re: journey from colombo airport to Blue water Wadduwa

Hi there,

Yes readily available, 3-4 desks and at least one should be open 24h. Cost around Rs 4,500.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

8. Re: journey from colombo airport to Blue water Wadduwa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, November 26, 2012