We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wonderful Stay... beautiful architecture.

Which Dehiwala-Mount Lavinia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cambridge, Canada
reviews: 19
Wonderful Stay... beautiful architecture.

My husband and I are originally from SL. We came here with our children for the first time since their births. They stay here was lovely. The views, food and service were very pleasant. Being North America, we expect things fast, but the island culture does take things a little slower, however the quality and attentiveness of the service was excellent.

I brought my elderly grandparents, inlaws, uncle, aunt and cousins for a dinner one night. It was raining outside so the dining room was quite crowded. The staff opened up a private area to accommodate us (group of 11 people). The manager was very attentive to our needs and we enjoyed our visit. The meals for children were brought quickly.

You do have to get used to the slightly slower service as I think the staff was a little overwhelmed with the new influx of tourists in the last year. I will stay at this hotel again! Occasionally, orders were forgotten, but we jokingly asked if the tea was going to be brought in from Nuraweliya soon? Delicious Ice coffee (children loved the fries)....Breakfast buffet was phenomenal!

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
reviews: 133
1. Re: Wonderful Stay... beautiful architecture.

Hi there,

Good story. Helpful to tell which hotel you are talking about, possibly the Mount Lavinia hotel?

And also sometimes nice to repost the story as a hotel review; messages disappear from the screen after some time, hotel reviews can always be found back under the right heading.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

2. Re: Wonderful Stay... beautiful architecture.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 am, June 26, 2012
3. Re: Wonderful Stay... beautiful architecture.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 am, November 06, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Dehiwala-Mount Lavinia
More Dehiwala-Mount Lavinia Topics