We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Late september beach question

Which Wrightsville Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
burnley lancs
Level Contributor
199 posts
12 reviews
Late september beach question

There seems to be a difference in choice of beach wrightsville or carolina. Can you help us decide.

We have found a rental on the loop in wrightsville but not directly on the beach as only there 3 nights. Also a rental on carolina which is on the beach. My husband would like to be facing the beach but we also intend to visit wilmington. We won't be spending all day by the beach as we intend to visit wilmington and southport via the ferry.

We like to walk at night have a meal not fine dining but not burger bar etc. then return and maybe sit out weather permitting. Maybe a dip in the sea.

We have no children and are in our 50 s.

First time visit so any help appreciated.

2 replies to this topic
Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
5,660 posts
38 reviews
1. Re: Late september beach question

Stay in Carolina Beach. On the beach. You still might have to drive into town to eat, depending on where the rental is. Some places are an easy walk to town and the shops and resturants there. Plus you will be that much closer to the Ferry and also the NC Aquarium, and Ft. Fisher Museum and Battleground and Kure Beach Pier. (fun to walk out on that)

May I ask what the rental is? (name and/or location)

North Carolina
Destination Expert
for North Carolina, Winston Salem
Level Contributor
1,757 posts
35 reviews
2. Re: Late september beach question

I'm surprised that you can't find something on the beach in Wrightsville. That time of year the tourist traffic really falls off as kids are back in school, so you should find plenty of lodging choices. I'd suggest calling one of the rental agencies. Often their websites say one week minimum, but they have quite a few that will rent nightly during the off season.

That said, either beach (and Kure as well) sounds like it will work for you. But yes, definitely stay on the beach...it's a much better experience.

Reply to: Late september beach question
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted