We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel suggestion

Which Wrightsville Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Richmond, Virginia
reviews: 7
hotel suggestion

We have an anniversary next month and thought we would head to the Wrightsville beach area for the weekend. Would like to be on the beach and don't have a budget. Any suggestions for a really nice hotel?

US
reviews: 70
1. Re: hotel suggestion

The two hotels on Wrightsville Beach are the Holiday Inn Resort and the Blockade Runner. Both are very nice places.

The Blockade Runner has a bridal suite that you might enjoy. If I remember correctly, it has a bed on a platform. The room overlooks the ocean and you would have a nice balcony. I don't remember if that particular room has a tile floor or carpet. Most rooms in the Blockade Runner have tile floors and I think they tend to be cold in the cooler months. Just my opinion. The Blockade runner has a very nice retro feel that I enjoy.

I don't know if the Holiday Inn Resort has an equivalent room but I would be very surprised if they did not. They also have an indoor pool which you might enjoy that time of year.

If being on the beach is not a big deal, you might want to check out some of the B&B's in Wilmington. Some of them look very romantic. Hmmm...I need to check out some of those myself!

Richmond, Virginia
reviews: 7
2. Re: hotel suggestion

Thanks Ways2go!

US
reviews: 70
3. Re: hotel suggestion

You are welcome, 76Heel! Hope you have a great anniversary!

4. Re: hotel suggestion

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:15 pm, February 03, 2014