We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Craft shopping?

Which Winston Salem hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Miami
reviews: 301
Craft shopping?

I will be staying in downtown and am interested in shopping local arts and crafts. Are there shops or coops I should visit?

Thank you

North Carolina
Destination Expert
for North Carolina, Winston Salem
reviews: 26
1. Re: Craft shopping?

There's a whole arts district to explore. Don't know which hotel you're in, but the Arts District (generally the area around Trade and 6th Streets) is convenient to all the downtown hotels. Just ask for directions at the front desk.

Miami
reviews: 301
2. Re: Craft shopping?

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Seems close to where we are staying.

North Carolina
Destination Expert
for North Carolina, Winston Salem
reviews: 26
3. Re: Craft shopping?

^ Sure, glad to help. I should also mention Old Salem--you probably already know about it, but it's definitely worth a visit. There are several gift shops there with local and Moravian crafts. Be sure to stop by Winkler's Bakery for some Moravian sugar cookies and other goodies!

4. Re: Craft shopping?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:15 pm, May 03, 2014