We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather in july on cold mountain

Which Waynesville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
illinois
reviews: 8
weather in july on cold mountain

hi,

we have rented a cabin on cold mountain. i understand its 3500' up and i'm just wondering what the weather will be like this time of year. i realize that's not very high so will it be hot and humid or will it be not so humid? we normally go to SOUTH carolina in the summer and its terribly humid there and then to tennessee in the fall and its great there. not sure what to expect from north carolina in the summer. thanks for any and all help.

3 replies to this topic
Wilmington, North...
reviews: 54
1. Re: weather in july on cold mountain

At 3500 feet it should be very plesant for your stay. There a many factors such as exact location of the rental...n,s,e.w...on prevailing winds but at that elevation you should escape the humidity for the most part. Expect a pop up thunderstorm almost any afternoon as the air heats but its quick to pass most often. Plenty of sun for you to explore the beautiful NC mountains. At worst find a nice mountain stream and slip in...that will cool you off!

Atlanta, Georgia
2. Re: weather in july on cold mountain

I lived there for a few years and in my opinion it is the best time of the year up there because the days are comfortably warm in the 80's and the nights are comfortably cool in the 60's. The humidity shouldn't be a problem unless a front is moving through. Be aware that if you go up to the Blue Ridge Parkway for hiking or sight seeing, it's always about 10 degrees cooler up there and usually breezy. I'd bring a sweat shirt for the evenings or a blanket to wrap up in for star gazing - the stars are incredible up there because there are no city lights. You'll also want to be prepared for bugs, there's always a lot of bugs in the summer, but that's just part of being out in nature. If you do want to take a fun dip in a cold stream, check out Sliding Rock, it's a natural rock water slide in a mountain stream. Hope you have a great time in the mountains!

illinois
reviews: 8
3. Re: weather in july on cold mountain

Thanks so much for the answers. I was hoping that we wouldn't be too sticky. As for bugs...always prepared. haha We have the mosquitoes in Illinois that drive me crazy. we do plan on going to sliding rock--that is on our list as well as one morning doing some whitewater rafting...still trying to find the best one but i'm sure we'll figure it out.

thanks again

Reply to: weather in july on cold mountain
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Waynesville