We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice place to eat

Which Waynesville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Louisiana
reviews: 13
Nice place to eat

My wife and I will be celebrating 25 yrs of marriage bliss, mostly :-) I would like to take her to some nice resturants. We will be their for a few days and would like a couple of different kind, like romantic and maybe one up in the mountains with a good view. You get the picture, any ideas? Ladies where would you like to eat?

STUART, FL
reviews: 4
1. Re: Nice place to eat

I love the Chef's Table in downtown Waynesville. For a mountain view, the restaurant at the Pisgah Inn is nice, food ok, but easily an hour or more drive each way from Waynesville, but if you are taking a drive on the Blue Ridge Parkway (which is a must do that time of year) it will not be out of your way. Parking for the apple festival is easier later in the day on the streets a block over from Main Street. I hope to make it there myself that day!

Savannah, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Maggie Valley, Pigeon Forge
reviews: 15
2. Re: Nice place to eat

The Sweet Onion on Miller St. just off of historic Main St. is supposed to be wonderful, although I've never tried it. I also like Maggie's Galley seafood a lot, too.

Have a great trip!

St. Petersburg...
reviews: 30
3. Re: Nice place to eat

This response is probably too late for your particular needs, but for anyone else wanting a great meal in Waynesville, we just ate at Sweet Onion while on a trip in the area. It was amazing. Our waitress was very helpful in making recommendations and told us the salad with lemongrass dressing draws customers from all over. No wonder, it was light and refreshing and very good. My husband and I both had the cornmeal dusted shrimp dinner. These were the plumpest, best shrimp either of us have ever eaten and we have access to many seafood restaurants in our hometown in Florida. My husband had the grits for a side and loved them (cheese grits, I believe) and I had their seasoned fries which were excellent. The bread they served with dinner was fantastic. Service was impeccable and everything from start to finish was great. I highly recommend a meal here. It's on Miller St., perpendicular to Main St., close to the Mast General store. I do not know if there is romantic seating available as we were toward the front of the restaurant where it was busy with waitresses picking up meals.

Savannah, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Maggie Valley, Pigeon Forge
reviews: 15
4. Re: Nice place to eat

Thanks for that info. I've been thinking of taking my wife there for our anniversary.

5. Re: Nice place to eat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, May 23, 2010