We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Topsail Reef

Sugar Grove, PA
reviews: 7
Topsail Reef

We have a vacation planned for the second week in June at Topsail Reef in North Topsail. Now I see they are doing work due to the erosion. I'm worried what it's going to be like when we go. We've never been there and are so looking forward to it! Also any tips or places you like to go or eat would be appreciated! Thanks!

Topsail Island, NC
reviews: 33
1. Re: Topsail Reef

The work should be completed well before you arrive. I walk that section of the beach nearly every day and while we have had some very high tides this winder and spring, that usually changes as summertime nears.

At mid and low tides the beach in that area is very nice.

I would suggest taking some time and doing a drive of the entire island from end to end to take in the sites and see what shops, restaurants and locations pique your interest. Make several stops during your drive and really have a good time.

Sugar Grove, PA
2. Re: Topsail Reef

Thank you so much for the reply! Definitely helps put my mind at ease. My whole family is so excited to visit Topsail!!

Sugar Grove, PA
3. Re: Topsail Reef

I have a 16 year old daughter and 12 year old son. My son LOVES to fish and crab. Any information on that would be appreciated. We plan to visit the turtle rescue. Is there anything else we should see or do? We have a kitchen in our condo, but plan on eating out several times. My daughter and I like to just relax at the beach, but to make my husband happy we have to plan a few things!

Johnson City...
reviews: 10
4. Re: Topsail Reef

The thing I like about Topsail is there isn't a lot of what I would call the tourist see and dos. I love Topsail for the beach, the ocean, flora and fauna, it's good restaurants. This past March we found some really nice sea glass and my friend found a Great White Sharks tooth along with many of the more common teeth. There is the Missles and More Museum on the island.

The Belle of Topsail is converted riverboat that does tours of the sound and intercostal waterway. There are two North Carolina Aquariums close by the Pine Knolls and Fort Fisher. I really like both but the the drive to the Fort Fisher is more scenic and if you wanted to make it a full day trip a stop in Wilmington and visit to the USS Carolina etc...The Aquariums are a good option if the weather is bad.

Edited: 4:51 pm, April 27, 2012
Sugar Grove, PA
5. Re: Topsail Reef

Thank you Debbie for the info!

Sugar Grove, PA
6. Re: Topsail Reef

Any word on the work being completed? Only a week and a half until we visit!! Can't wait! Hope there's no tropical storms then!

7. Re: Topsail Reef

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:42 pm, June 18, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Surf City