We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golf near Sparta - Stone Mountain Golf Course

Which Sparta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wilmington, NC
reviews: 2
Golf near Sparta - Stone Mountain Golf Course

This is one of those out of the way gems with dirt cheap rates you read about and hope to find some day. Stone Mountain Golf course is laid out on top of Greenstreet Mountain perfectly situated between Stone Mountain State Park and the mountains of the Blue Ridge Parkway. You won't believe their greens!

To get there from Sparta, follow 21 to just past Roaring Gap. Turn right on Oklahoma Road (Site of "Pain Hurt & Suffering" bike race and you'll know why. At the bottom turn left on John Frank Parkway and follow the signs. Or take scenic drive through park and turn right when you exit park. (1-2 miles to road to golf course). Don't trust me and go to www.StoneMountainClub.com and get good directions and current rates.

Be warned that when you see their rates, you'll expect a cow pasture. Don't let that hold you back. Guys, bring your wife. this course is good for 10 husband points even if she does not golf.

Raleigh, NC
reviews: 3
1. Re: Golf near Sparta - Stone Mountain Golf Course

Thanks. I am definitely going to check this out. There are so many great mountain courses and most within 30-40 minutes of somewhere. I would add Boone GC, Mountain View in Newland, Mt. Mitchell nearMarion, and Mountain Aire in W. Jefferson to the list. All public and all reasonable. I almost forgot Red Tail in Mtn City, TN. I would like to know about more!

2. Re: Golf near Sparta - Stone Mountain Golf Course

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 14, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Sparta