We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gaspe tours

Which Gaspe hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 6
Gaspe tours

We will be in Gaspe for one day in October via cruise ship. I've searched for private tours with no luck. Can anyone direct me in the right location? What I am looking for in particular is a lighthouse tour.

15 replies to this topic
Baltimore, MD
reviews: 28
1. Re: Gaspe tours

I'm looking for the same info for 2013. Will keep checking this site. Thanks for raising the question.

Quebec City, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Quebec, Montreal, The Netherlands
reviews: 2
2. Re: Gaspe tours

Hi GrammyCJ and welcome to Trip Advisor :)

At what date exactly will you be there? I just emailed the responsible of the site to enquire about the exact date they will be closing in October.

Ottawa, Canada
reviews: 73
3. Re: Gaspe tours

Depending on the time you will be spending at the Gaspé port, you will probably only be able to access 2 lighthouses. Cap-des-Rosiers lighthouse is 30 minutes drive from the port and is accessible from the road. I'm pretty sure visits of the interior of this lighthouse - the tallest in Canada - stop with the beginning of the school year, as guides are students.

The other lighthouse is the Cap-Gaspé lighthouse. It is a 4km walk away from the parking lot, within the national park. It takes about 2.5 hours to walk there and return but it is one of the most beautiful walks on the national park.

The office that manage the shore excursions don't seem to have a package tailored to people with an interest in lighthouses (cruisesaintlawrence.com/EN/…Gaspesie.aspx).

If I were you, I would rent a car for the day (Burton Location D'autos, National, Budget), drive to the national park through Cap-aux-Os, walk to the Cap-Gaspé lighthouse, then drive to the Cap-des-Rosiers lighthouse (making a quick loop to Cap-Bon-Ami, one of the most scenic sites just minutes away) and maybe come back the long way around on the 197, passing by the cute village of Anse-au-Griffon and Rivière-au-Renard, the fishing capital along the way. This is a circuit of 5 hours at least. From there, if you have another 2 hours to spare, you could see a third lighthouse, the Pointe-à-la-Renommée lighthouse.

Quebec City, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Quebec, Montreal, The Netherlands
reviews: 2
4. Re: Gaspe tours

I thought your query referred to Phare de la Pointe-à-la-Renommée quebecmaritime.ca/en/…activities

It's 30ish miles from Gaspé, as this map shows http://tinyurl.com/clf9ryy

I jus received the answer to my email: they will close on October 6, 2012, so since you did not mention your date of visiting, it's hard to tell what can be done about it.

Rockville, Maryland
5. Re: Gaspe tours

Does anyone know of a private tour provider for Gaspe -Perce. We will be in stopping Gaspe 4 Oct.

Vancouver, Canada
6. Re: Gaspe tours

Wow I got the update that trilady2 posted but didn't get updates on the other posts to my question. We are there on Oct 10.

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec, Montreal, Quebec City, Mont Tremblant, Miami, Miami Beach
reviews: 53
7. Re: Gaspe tours

This is a tour company in Percé, it does tours of the area but not to any lighthouses. But it seems that they will be closed anyways. Usully everything closes early in Percé and Tours pPercé is usually reluctant to go all yhe way to Gasp to pick passengers but with 6 you could probably negotiate something. After all some money in your pocket is better than no money at all:

You might also have time to go to the boat tour around the Percé Rock and Bonaventure island but not walk to the top of the gannet colonies. Also all links to the island stops around Oct 15

http://www.revasse.com/tours.html

promosnature.com/pagesClient/…565-1.pdf

Vancouver, Canada
8. Re: Gaspe tours

Thank you all for your responses. I think we are going to just play it safe and do one of the tours offered on the ship. They do offer the Percé tour, so sounds like it's our best bet. Thanks for all the information.

Percé
reviews: 3
9. Re: Gaspe tours

Couture & Cahill coach cie are providing the tours in Gaspé and Percé. Private tours for small groups will be available in 2013 upon request.

Vancouver, Canada
10. Re: Gaspe tours

We were already there this October, won't be going back in 2013. But thanks for the info. It was so cold when we got there on the cruise ship, hubby decided to remain on the ship and I just walked around near the port. I did walk to the wooden chapel, gorgeous!!!!!!

Reply to: Gaspe tours
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted