We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

funivia to Erice during Holy week

Which Trapani hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
reviews: 104
funivia to Erice during Holy week

I intend to know Trapani/Erice during the Holy week. is there any inconvenient to take the funivia on holy thursday/friday??

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
1. Re: funivia to Erice during Holy week

Just that the funivia doesn't run in inclement weather or high wind, and that you would take a bus or walk out to the funivia station at Casa Santa.

http://www.funiviaerice.it/dovesiamo.php

AST runs buses from Trapani as well.

Vagabonda

Island of Malta...
reviews: 12
2. Re: funivia to Erice during Holy week

Dear Vagabonda,

My parents will be in trapani during the holy week for 4 days. From some research and reviews i was going to suggest a visit to erice and obviously the procession. 2 things i would like to ask you:

1. from where does the procession pass? perhaps i could book a hotel which has a balcony from where they can enjoy the procession.

2. while there are many other things, what would you suggest they visit? they are a mature couple in their 60's

One last thing, is it possible to message you via email or on this site without posting public?

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
3. Re: funivia to Erice during Holy week

The Processione dei Misteri di Erice begins on Good Friday at 14.00 and continues for six hours until 20.00.

The procession meanders throughout Erice, and you can find the entire route on the Comune di Erice website.

www.comune.erice.tp.it/index.php…

http://goo.gl/Ozh7j

www.planetware.com/map/erice-map-i-eric.htm

Consider Hotel Moderno or Hotel Elimo on Corso Vittorio Emanuele.

The Processione dei Misteri di Trapani begins on Good Friday at 14.00 and continues throughout the night for 24 hours until 14.00 on Saturday. With an early arrival, you might try to see this local custom and tradition.

Segesta is a top attraction to visit!

Questions and responses posted on the forums benefit all travellers, and everyone is then able to participate.

Best wishes!

Vagabonda

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
reviews: 104
4. Re: funivia to Erice during Holy week

Hi Vagabonda

I´m interested in this subject as well. Following your suggestion, I'll be in Trapani for the Holy week and I booked the Hotel Fardella Centrale. Are there any drawbacks in stay at this place? is it a good choice for those who have a car? Thanks as always

Nadia

5. Re: funivia to Erice during Holy week

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, January 27, 2014