We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay for four days on milos

Which Milos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin
Where to stay for four days on milos

We are a family of five and we arrive in milos at 9pm I am looking at klima ,Pollinia and adamas . Generally we like to be on the beach but as we move on to vathy sifnos after we thought it is not a definite request. We like non commercial but a little balance klima caught my eye but we need to have car and go to towns to restaurants etc.. Any ideas would help as I'm finding very little info and when I look up accomodation it seems to be out in the wilderness any info much appreciated

Helena

Nanaimo, Canada
Destination Expert
for Chania Town, Naxos
reviews: 39
1. Re: Where to stay for four days on milos

We spent a week in Milos in June last year and absolutely loved it. We chose to stay in Adamas the whole time primarily because we were unable to rent a car ( long story) and were confined by having to use the local bus system and Adamas is the hub for all the island busses.

I can attest that a car is a must if you really want to explore the island.

Do consider taking a sailing cruise part way around the island to Kleftico. Our boat included snorkeling equipment and that was certainly an adventure.

Where to stay.

Adamas does not have nice beaches so may not be a great alternative.

I must confess we only sailed by Klima and looked down on it from the catacombs but it is literally sitting on the seaside with not much of a beach.

While Klima looks charming you probably need to drive up the hill to Plaka or into Adamas for dinner and frankly I would not recommend driving home down that hill in the dark after sampling that good house wine in the tavernas.

I would suggest Pollonia will hit all your buttons. It is a beachside town with lots of accommodation that should be able to take a family of 5.

It has a decent beach and lots of tavernas for evening dining.

Milos certainly has better beaches than at Pollonia but with a car you can visit these beaches during the day and be safely back to Pollonia for your evening dining.

Here are our pictures of Milos.

You will see Klima, Adamas and Pollonia.

travel.webshots.com/album/580756000YRPtkd

Dublin
2. Re: Where to stay for four days on milos

Thanks I did think of Pollonia initially but thought it might be far to get to at 9pm at night but it's probably not! Thanks for that

Edited: 11:17 am, January 11, 2012
Dungannon, United...
reviews: 8
3. Re: Where to stay for four days on milos

Hi Helena

Agree with stanbr re using Pollonia as your base. Like yourselves, we prefer to be near a beach but as we were moving on after four days to another island, we were more than happy to stay in Pollonia. Similarly, we hired a car for 2/3 days. We were there in the month of June and the roads were not busy.

We stayed at Nefeli Sunset Studios. I posted a review in June 2009. Fabulous location and wonderful hosts. Read the reviews on TA and you will gather how highly rated it is. Their website is: www.milos-nefelistudios.gr

A 9pm arrival is not an issue . If I remember correctly, you are about 20 minutes from the port and 30 minutes from the airport and there will be no shortage of waiting taxis.

For additional information on the island, or any Greek island for that matter, have a look at www.greeka.com, if you haven't done so already.

Gerry

4. Re: Where to stay for four days on milos

We stayed last summer in Pollonia at Captian Zeppos. A small place right on the water with the most wonder owners! Mrs Zeppos even did my laundry daily. About 4-5 small tavernas in Pollonia. Quiet yet some activity at night. If you have a car you can go to Adamas for more nightlife.

5. Re: Where to stay for four days on milos

We stayed last summer in Pollonia at Captian Zeppos. A small place right on the water with the most wonder owners! Mrs Zeppos even did my laundry daily. About 4-5 small tavernas in Pollonia. Quiet yet some activity at night. If you have a car you can go to Adamas for more nightlife.

Dublin
6. Re: Where to stay for four days on milos

Pollinia sounds like the spot probably like everyone I'm looking for good accommodation for a good price!

Thanks for your replies I have emailed nefelistudios just hoping to get a good rate! Will do the same with captain zappos

Cheers

Kent UK
reviews: 135
7. Re: Where to stay for four days on milos

Hello

Milos and Sifnos! Often our combination. Not sure about Vathy which is very remote and the beach is dominated by one super large hotel complex which has totally spoiled the whole experience. However, Sifnos is not what it was..........................

Now re Milos

I have the perfect place to stay and it has to be Adamas as Pollonia is VERY small and limited, though extremely pretty and a great place to eat in the evening. . It also however has no beach of any consequence. Klima is one of the most beautiful places in the whole of the Greek Islands. It has no real beach though a sandy promenade runs the length of the sea front. It is SO atmospheric. However it is almost impossible to get a billet there and there is nothing other than houses lived in by Greek residents. No shops or restaurants and the biggest problem is that is totally isolated and a long drive from everywhere.

Adamas is delightful in the evening and as long as you can hire a car then there are so many beaches within a 10 minute drive at most. If you have no car, then you can just walk along the coast at your leisure and there are miles of non stop sandy beach within minutes.

Where to stay in Adamas?

I keep pushing the absolutely marvellous Villa Helios Apartments overlooking where the boats come in. We have stayed on dozens of Greek islands and this remains our favourite place to hang out in. Huge balconies in delightfully furnished rooms all with sea views brilliant facilities and the nicest of owners in Greek Georgios and his delightful Austrian wife Trixie. The rooms are very inexpensive superbly positioned and Trixie's home made jam is worth coming to Greece for.

One negative about Milos is that the beach umbrellas and recliners dont come out till June.

Good luck have a wonderful time.

Milos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Milos
reviews: 4
8. Re: Where to stay for four days on milos

Distances in Milos are rather short between villages. Most are within 3 km (1.9 miles) of each other. Pollonia is 10 km (6 miles) from the seaport of Adamas.

Where your lodging is located should not confine you during your stay. There are dozens of beaches both inside the bay of Milos and around the horseshoe-shaped island, east, west, north and south. Most visitors only see a fraction of them all.

Make sure you rent a vehicle, preferably a 4X4 to explore, and take at least one sailboat daily cruise and the Round of Milos excursion to see the magnificent coastline of Milos and visit beaches unaccessible by other means.

For the history buffs and museum goers, there are 5 museums in Milos, a prehistoric settlement in Phylakopi, and the ruins of the ancient city (where the famous statue Venus de Milo was discovered) west of Trypiti and east of Klima, as well as the Catacombs of Milos.

Horsham, United...
reviews: 9
9. Re: Where to stay for four days on milos

Hi, would second Nefeli Studios in Pollonia, Milos - absolutely beautiful. Sunsets are amazing.

Milos Island...
10. Re: Where to stay for four days on milos

OK NJB27 we got the point from yuour post in the other topic.