We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camping in Milos

Which Milos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Athens
Camping in Milos

I need your opinion about the camping-bungalows in Achivadolimni area.I will be there this summer, so i need your advice about this campsite.Many thanks.

Milos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Milos
reviews: 4
1. Re: Camping in Milos

Achivadolimni Bungalows & Camping is a very well-organized site with plenty of services: Shuttle bus for pick-up/drop-off from/to the port, cafeteria-style restaurant, fairly-sized swimming-pool with excellent view, dancing pub, mini-market, tent & equipment rentals, safe deposit boxes, free guest parking, etc.

On the downsize, it is a madhouse in August, when you may not be able to find a priviledged location for your tent in the shade. Some past guests have also complained that the noise from the pub until 3:00AM keeps them from falling asleep (that maybe true for those who have set up their tent close to the pub).

Overall, it is the only organized campground in Milos, at a priviledged location and is managed effectively. Most likely, you'll have a good time there. :)

- Andreas

USA
2. Re: Camping in Milos

The bungalows sound great - do you know if it will be crowded/noisy in early June? The photos on the website look very nice and the price is right...but getting a good night's sleep is important too!

Milos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Milos
3. Re: Camping in Milos

In early June, no place in Milos has ever been crowded.

I expect this to hold true this year as well, unless all my work here at the TipAdvisor forums brings scores of tourists to Milos from all over the world, lol. :)

- Andreas

USA
4. Re: Camping in Milos

Andreas, thank you for the information - I see you are a Milos expert ! One more question - are you aware of any other websites (besides the campground official site) with photographs of the campground and bungalows? I'm a little concerned about noise and before putting any deposits down, I'd like to be able to see how far apart the bungalows are set (if at all) from the tent/common areas.

Milos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Milos
5. Re: Camping in Milos

The only other site other than their own, www.miloscamping.gr that has photos of the bungalows that I know of, is www.milos-island.com with 3 photos. However, no photos that I know of are as detailed as you'd probably wish.

Take it from me: Some bungalows are very close to the tents, some others are not, and have a beautiful, elevated view of the Milos bay.

At the same time, regardless of the distance between the bungalows and the tents, I can tell you with a great deal of certainty that it will probably be noisy in August, but quiet in early June. :)

- Andreas

P.S. If you send me a private email, I may be able to get you 1-2 additional photos of Achivadolimni Bungalows.

6. Re: Camping in Milos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 pm, August 13, 2009