We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guide recommendation

Which Zhangjiajie hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle Australia
reviews: 66
Guide recommendation

We recently spent 4 days in the Zhangjiajie area and had organised a guide prior through recommendations on TA.

We chose Jeffrey Tang and are so glad we did. Jeffrey and his driver met our late flight at 10.30pm and took us to our hotel. The next 2 days we spent with Jeffrey's guide Grace site seeing around the area.

Jeffrey went out of his way to make sure that we were OK. He is very professional and a charming person. We enjoyed our time with Grace and feel that we got to see more of the park with her help in the limited time that we had. She was a delight to be with and we will always remember her singing songs to us from the Fox Fairy show on the cable car.

We highly recommend Jeffrey and Grace if you are considering a guide for your visit to Zhangjiajie.

10 replies to this topic
Zhangjiajie, China
1. Re: Guide recommendation

Jeffrey is really thoughtful, helpful and accommendating with Zhangjiajie tour and travel, i found the recommendation above missed his contact address, I am very happy to add his email address :zjjtripadvisor@yahoo.cn

London, United...
reviews: 26
2. Re: Guide recommendation

We booked a 7 day trip with Jeffery's travel company Zhangjiajie Comfort International Travel and Grace was our tour guide. Grace was a great tour guide. She was very patient (as we were usually running a half-hour behind at least... 3 ladies-you can imagine) and knowledgeable about everything we saw. Also the accommodation and tours were very well scheduled and thought-through and perfectly laid out for the duration of the trip. There was never a day where there was not something to see or do that was fantastic. I would definitely recommend using Zhangjiajie Comfort International Travel if you are traveling in Zhangjiajie and are interested in good English speaking guides. Thank you Grace and Jeffery for making our trip in Zhangjiajie so special!!

Zhangjiajie, China
reviews: 1
3. Re: Guide recommendation

Zhangjiajie Language Speaking Guide Service

english.zhangjiajie.gov.cn/…

Zhangjiajie, China
reviews: 3
4. Re: Guide recommendation

Hi Kelly, happy to meet you here! Thank you for your kind evaluation and recommendation, I also had a great time with you for those 7 days. Say hello to Laura and our princess. Best wishes!

Cambridge...
reviews: 31
5. Re: Guide recommendation

We also used a private guide when we were in Zhangjiajie staying at the Qinghe Hotel in Wulinyuan. She was absolutely fantastic, navigating us through the crowds, bus stops, elevators, shortcuts, and even managing to get us tickets to the Tianmen cable car ride when they were all sold out during the National Holiday Week madness. Her name is Summer and she can be reached at 1120142060@qq.com.

Zhangjiajie, China
6. Re: Guide recommendation

I am tour guide in Zhangjiajie,if anything I can do to help you please feel free to contact me.By email tanjunxi@126.com.

Edited: 9:31 am, October 24, 2013
7. Re: Guide recommendation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:02 pm, November 28, 2013

Zhangjiajie, China
reviews: 3
8. Re: Guide recommendation

Zhangjiajie Grand Canyon is FREE of entrance tickets to the students under 19 years old until 31 December, 2015.

ZJJ grand canyon is a new discovered spot in ZJJ, owned amazing beautiful scenery and funny entertainment facilities, such as the slide road and zip line, and glass bridge in the near future~ Full of exciting together with the stunning scenery and peaceful hiking~

For more ZJJ travel information, feel free to reach me at zjjgrace1989@gmail.com

Information from Grace in ZJJ.

Auckland Region...
9. Re: Guide recommendation

We were in Zhangjiajie in Mid June for a 5 days tour of the area which include the ZJJ National Park, Tianmen and Fenghuang Ancient city. We had Miss. Summer (in fact her name is a direct translation of her family name) as our guide and we thoroughly enjoyed our time with her as she has a pleasant personality, good English, good knowledge of the scenic places we visited. Above all, we enjoyed the various breaks we had talking about the culture and custom of the people in the area plus history of the places. Highly recommended to anyone who is looking for English speaking guide in this part of the country as there are not many of them.

texas
10. Re: Guide recommendation

We spent 3 days with Grace in ZJJ and Feng Huang in October . Grace was very punctual, attentive and knowledgeable about the area and we felt that she genuinely has a passion about the region and not just doing the job of tour-guiding. We highly recommend her to anyone looking for English speaking guide in a small group setting.

Reply to: Guide recommendation
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted