We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving from No.VA

Norhtern Virginia
reviews: 12
Driving from No.VA

Can anyone suggest the best route for traveling the first week in August to Rodanthe? I was wondering if it would be better to go down 95 to Rocky Mount, NC then in 64 to Manteo? I would assume that the drive down 12 on a Saturday afternoon has to be pretty bad?

Thank you for the help

Raleigh, North...
reviews: 103
1. Re: Driving from No.VA

If you don't mind a boring drive, the I-95/64 route Rocky Mount to Manteo is clear sailing. You will still be on 12S for about 25 miles in order to reach Rodanthe. The 168/158 route to 12S has more to see and do.

Norhtern Virginia
reviews: 12
2. Re: Driving from No.VA

Thank you RebelJohn, I dont mind boring, what i'm more concerned about is sitting in traffice with two kids! I have done the slow role up to Corolla before on a Saturday and was just trying to avoid that if possible. From Google it says it is an extra hour going the 95 route.

Thank you again for the input.

3. Re: Driving from No.VA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:42 am, December 06, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Rodanthe