We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advantage Rent a Car in Raleigh

Which Raleigh hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
California
reviews: 78
Advantage Rent a Car in Raleigh

We used Advantage instead of the more expensive companies. It was excellent. The people at the counter were friendly and helpful. Two things I would say to improve: the pick up location at the airport is in Zone 9, not in Zone 10 with the rest of the rental companies; the toll-free number should be printed on the reservation confirmation. Price was right, great car, great service.

Westport...
reviews: 9
1. Re: Advantage Rent a Car in Raleigh

I would NOT recommend Advantage if you are flying into Raleigh Durham Airport. It is not located near the other rental companies and is out by long term parking, the shuttle is hard to find, and the ride to get there took to long. The rental office is old and beat up looking. Plus they tried to up sell me to car car twice the price when I had booked an economy car. Car itself was fine. If Thrify, Dollar or Enterprtse have similar prices I would go there first.

Raleigh, North...
reviews: 23
2. Re: Advantage Rent a Car in Raleigh

Majorly upset. The staff at the Raleigh, NC location mislead me and now are charging me over $60 more on my rental car. Horrible reaction on the part of the staff and manager Herzon. I was treated with suspicion and then told that the contract is the contract. DO NOT RENT from them!!!! DISadvantage. Major fail. — at Advantage Rent A Car.

New York
reviews: 13
3. Re: Advantage Rent a Car in Raleigh

Thank you very much as will be looking to rent in October. Great to get the heads up.

Chapel Hill, North...
reviews: 7
4. Re: Advantage Rent a Car in Raleigh

Yes avoid them. The shuttle bus does not have "Advantage" on it, it is an off site parking lot bus. The location Is far from the airport, I TURNED down the first car because it was really dirty, dead insects and mud all over the driver's floor carpet. The second one was also dirty but after waiting 40 minutes for an airport pick-up I gave up and took the car.

The counter people have the "I work for the County" mentality.

They also charge your card a $200 "deposit" when the industry norm is 20%.

AVOID!!!!

Topeka, Kansas
5. Re: Advantage Rent a Car in Raleigh

This is untrue. I am sitting in the Advantage shuttle bus, with ADVANTAGE all over it, as I type this, and I got it at the same stop with all the other shuttle buses.

6. Re: Advantage Rent a Car in Raleigh

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, October 20, 2014