We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay on Ocracoke with 2 small children?

Which Ocracoke hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ohio
reviews: 46
Where to stay on Ocracoke with 2 small children?

We are heading to the Outerbanks early June 2007 with my in-laws and staying north of Corolla in the 4x4 area for a week. My husband and I are taking extra time and then heading down the outerbanks to stay in Ocracoke for a few days.

We will have a 3 year old and a 1 year old so cleanliness is a huge factor as well as a kid-friendly place. My husband and I have always like bed and breakfasts but I know alot of them don't like kids.

Any recommendations on a good place for a family with small kids for a couple of days?

Thanks!

OBX, NC
reviews: 5
1. Re: Where to stay on Ocracoke with 2 small children?

I live in the area and know many of the places on Ocracoke as well as the people who run them. You may want to look into one of the villas at The Castle. These are stand-alone units, yet you get all the ammenities as well. Each one is privately owned, but managed by The Castle. The Castle is the nicest place on Ocracoke...hands down. There are also some other area BnB's that own stand-alone homes / units you can rent.

Given the types of travelers Ocracoke is attracting these days, many of the BnB's really aren't child-friendly because some parents don't know what "control" means.

Amissville, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Ocracoke
reviews: 22
2. Re: Where to stay on Ocracoke with 2 small children?

Although Edwards is not a B&B I always find it accommodating for a few days , they have not only efficiency rooms that you can rent for a few days but also a few small cabins. There is a court yard in the efficacies that is great for kids. They are always clean and accommodating

Owings, Maryland
reviews: 2
3. Re: Where to stay on Ocracoke with 2 small children?

We always stay at the Ocracoke Harbor Inn or one of their rental houses. We have been traveling to Ocracoke since 1999 and find that the rooms there are always spotless and the staff extremely accomodating. They offer suites and regular rooms in the Inn. Most of which have outstanding views of Silver Lake. There are also a couple of homes that they rent on a three night minimum in the summer which are extremely clean. The inn offers a continental breakfast in the morning but the houses do not offer any breakfast services. We just got back yesterday from staying at Teach's Treasure which is probably a bit large for what you need (we were there with another family - 4 adults, 2 - 3year olds and 1 infant). The homes all have full kitchens and the suites that I have stayed in offer a kitchenette - no stove, just fridge, microwave, sink but on a larger scale than what you'd find in a hotel room. Good luck, I hope you enjoy your stay as much as we always enjoy ours.