We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

arrival by boat

Which Ocracoke hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Greenville NC
arrival by boat

My husband and I were thinking of going to Ocracoke from Washington NC by boat ( 33ft) this weekend. Any suggestions for dock rentals? Thinking of leaving here 7AM Sat and leaving there 7AM Mon. Any ideas for entertaining two teens while there without a vehicle?

Virginia Beach...
Destination Expert
for Ocracoke
reviews: 57
1. Re: arrival by boat

Here is some info on dockage. I do know that The Harbor Inn and Captain's Landing offers dockage for guests who are staying there, but it looks like the Anchorage has rentals.

http://www.theanchorageinn.com/

www.theanchorageinn.com/marina.htm#dockage

We have a 15 year old boy who enjoys the village as much as the beach.

Have your kids rent a bike and tour the island, very safe, just have them watch the traffic on 12. Visit the lighthouse. Walk through Springers Point back in Loop Road near the lighthouse. Bring bug spray!

Kayaking, you can rent one from Ride the Wind Surf shop.

Shopping-lots of shops with unique things to look at.

Even if they think they are too old, they may enjoy the pirate stuff at Teach's Hole and also walking through the Ocracoke Preservation Society-they have a very entertaining video on the Ocracoke Brogue.

Hang out at the slushy stand-slushies are $1, it is a great people watching place.

Hope to see you all there this weekend! We are staying at the Harbor Inn, looks like a picture perfect weather weekend!

Greenville NC
2. Re: arrival by boat

Thanks, not sure if we will be going now because they are saying there may be a nor'eastern type low and the Pamlico Sound can be very rough. But thank you so much for the info. I would not have had a clue about any of that.

Virginia Beach...
Destination Expert
for Ocracoke
reviews: 57
3. Re: arrival by boat

Glad I could help. I haven't seen any storm system out there, do you have any info on it?

Amissville, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Ocracoke
reviews: 22
4. Re: arrival by boat

You can drop anchor in Silver lake for free if you don't need any hook ups and have a dingy.

NPS also has dockage and hookups there is a kiosk to check in with one there not sure if reservations are needed I would check in with the Anchorage Inn if I was you they looked full last week and if you decide to go this week end in might be full again.

Get answers to your questions about Ocracoke