We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

good realtors for vacation beach homes???

Which Ocean Isle Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ohio
reviews: 5
good realtors for vacation beach homes???

would like to search for vacation oceanfront beach home through a realty. any advice?

Charlotte, North...
Destination Expert
for North Carolina
reviews: 27
1. Re: good realtors for vacation beach homes???

Skip the realtors, try VRBO.com, Homeaway.com and TA's vacation rental service. You'll find much better, cleaner, well maintained homes, and generally better prices. I've rented vacation homes all over the U.S. through VRBO for over 10 years and have always been very pleased. We finally listed our own vacation home on nearby Holden Beach with VRBO last year, after years of problems with realty/property management companies. They charge both the homeowners and renters high fees and they don't properly clean and care for the homes. We have had great renters through VRBO, and have found great local people to clean and look after our home for us. Since we're now not being nickel and dimed by a realty company, we can offer our well cleaned and maintained home to renters for less money than the realty companies charge for the same size/location home. It's a win-win situation for both homeowners and renters. You'll find a good selection of properties on these rent-by-owner websites...if you are looking for summer weeks you'd better hurry; our home, along with many other VRBO homes in the area, are already booked solid for the summer months.

Best Wishes!

ohio
2. Re: good realtors for vacation beach homes???

Thank you and I agree with you. I have searched vrbo & homeaway but we are needing an oceanfront home for 16-20 people with pool and cant find anything for our June dates so thought we would look with a realty next.

Charlotte, North...
Destination Expert
for North Carolina
3. Re: good realtors for vacation beach homes???

Our housekeeper's daughter works for McClure realty as a housekeeper; she has cleaned our home before and did a great job; don't know much else about them. http://www.rhmcclurerealty.com/ Cooke realty is another company on Ocean Isle; I've heard both good and bad about them. Have you considered Holden Beach?; we have some very nice large homes throughout our island, particularly our west end which has gorgeous views and very large executive homes. We looked at Ocean Isle before we purchased our beach home at Holden Beach. To us, Holden Beach is a much nicer and prettier island.

ohio
4. Re: good realtors for vacation beach homes???

I have checked vrbo for homes on Holden beach. I found one and sent an email but havent heard back. I need to check TA and homeaway. any realties I can check in Holden?

Charlotte, North...
Destination Expert
for North Carolina
5. Re: good realtors for vacation beach homes???

We've owned homes on Holden Beach for 17 years and have worked with most realities/property management companies there over the years. Here's the list in order of my preference.... 1-Alan Holden Realty www.holden-beach.com/Content/default.asp 2-Hobbs Realty http://www.hobbsrealty.com/ 3-Brunswickland Realty http://www.brunswicklandrealty.com/ ....and if all else fails...4-Coastal Vacation Resorts/ Rentals coastalvacationresorts.com/book/…index.htm

ohio
6. Re: good realtors for vacation beach homes???

Thank you soooooo much!!!!!

ohio
7. Re: good realtors for vacation beach homes???

I just checked all those realties and none of them had large oceanfront homes on the June dates we needed them. At least I know I have searched all I can. Thanks for your help!!!

Charlotte, North...
Destination Expert
for North Carolina
8. Re: good realtors for vacation beach homes???

Well, gosh. If the particular area of beach is not an issue, there are a number of very large oceanfront homes at the Outer Banks of NC; there's also many large oceanfront homes on Isle of Palms, Sullivans Island, and the other islands off the coast of Charleston, South Carolina. In years past with friends, we've been able to find large oceanfront homes on Isle of Palms, and Sullivans Island, sometimes waiting until almost last minute.

I know it's difficult sometimes to start early when dealing with a large group of people (even a smaller group, in my family's case 5 people. I had to wait months to find out my kids summer schedules;so I just booked our summer vacation rental in the Florida Keys, 2 weeks ago!)

.... but FYI for the future. I started receiving inquires for our beach house (not oceanfront) back in December; my summer weeks in the months of June-August were all reserved by the end of March. Years ago we owned several oceanfront homes, many times the same people would reserve it for the next year during their current summer vacation week. Many times by December most of the summer months of the next summer were already reserved.....so in the future, start early if at all possible! :)

Best of Luck!

ohio
9. Re: good realtors for vacation beach homes???

Our first choice of area was Isle of Palms/Sullivans island but they dont have anything available to hold 20 people on oceanfront. I am looking in Corolla now. they have quite a few available.

where are you staying in Florida Keys? we took our son to Island Dolphin Care for therapy and stayed at The Islander in IlaMeralda(somehting like that). WE LOVED it!!!!!!

Chapel Hill, North...
reviews: 13
10. Re: good realtors for vacation beach homes???

We've rented from Sunset Properties on Sunset Beach several years. Found them to be very satisfactory. They also have rental properties at Ocean Isle.

http://www.sunsetproperties.travel/

Get answers to your questions about Ocean Isle Beach