We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kure Beach parking prices and recommendations?

Durham, North...
Kure Beach parking prices and recommendations?

I live in Durham and am planning a day trip to Kure Beach next week with my 3 kids (14, 11, 7). Any advice for best places to park with regard to price, closeness to public bathrooms and lifeguard stations? Best place to eat for kids? Other insider tips for enjoying the beach?

Thanks!

1 reply
Durham, North...
1. Re: Kure Beach parking prices and recommendations?

Ok, I'll answer my own question. It was a lovely day and the beach was beautiful. There were free public parking lots with beach access every few blocks. These had plenty of spaces, though it was a Wednesday. It could easily fill up on the weekend.

The only public restroom I could find was at the Kure Beach Ocean Front Park (turn on K street) where the Kure Beach Pier is. This was a small building next to the Kure Beach Town Hall. The Town Hall was an open air pavilion! There appeared to be a town council meeting going on when we were there. I knew beach towns were laid back but that surprised me.

This area of the beach was also lifeguarded, don't know how far up and down the beach the lifeguard stations went.

Reply to: Kure Beach parking prices and recommendations?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted