We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kure Beach, nc

Pittsburgh...
reviews: 8
Kure Beach, nc

We are planning a family wedding in July 2013 in wilmington,nc. Looking for beach rentals in Kure Beach. Any info about the area would be helpful. Is there another area that someone would recommend? This area seems to be the closest dirve time to Wilmington. Any realtors that you would recommend? Thanks for any help that you can give us.

12 replies to this topic
Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach
reviews: 29
1. Re: Kure Beach, nc

Not sure what you mean by "This area seems to be the closest drive time to Wilmington" ? The closest beach?? Wrightsville Beach is much closer. Might want to check it out. Carolina Beach is a couple of miles closer than Kure actually. (The Carolina/Kure Beach is very nice no doubt...I'm just telling you what is closer) We stayed in Kure one year...and used Bullard Realty (we stayed in Ocean Dunes, very nice)

upstate NY
reviews: 1
2. Re: Kure Beach, nc

Ocean Dunes is a very nice complex. We are coming to Kure Beach next weekend for a two week stay, and this will be our second time staying in Ocean Dunes. We rent from United Beach Vacations and I highly recommend them. Wrightsville Beach is a much more expensive beach town than Kure. Carolina Beach, while on the same island as Kure, is a little more "campy" in my opinion. Kure is a town that does not have a single highrise or big hotel. Instead, it is all beautiful beach houses and townhouses, and a very quiet area. It's about a 20 minute drive from Wilmington, so very close and convenient.

Good luck with your planning!

Pittsburgh...
3. Re: Kure Beach, nc

Thank you both for the info...This gives us lots to consider. Also ideas about rentals companies. We were just thinking about the drive time to Wilmington, but also were going to be spending the week at the beach so wanted to find out the best beach to stay at. Thanks again...We need all the help we can get with this one!!!

Wilmington, North...
4. Re: Kure Beach, nc

Some taxi companies in the Wilmington NC area are: Carolina Yellow Cab – 910-762-4464; Lett’s Taxi – 910-343-3335; Port City taxi – 910-762-1165 and Kat’s Taxi – 910-763-5014.

North Carolina
Destination Expert
for North Carolina, Winston Salem
reviews: 26
5. Re: Kure Beach, nc

^ Huh? Who said anything about taxi companies?

Pittsburgh...
6. Re: Kure Beach, nc

Has anyone used Victory Reservatons or Carolina Beach Realty? They seem to have some beautiful house for rent in this area. I'm looking for large beach homes to rent. Thanks

upstate NY
reviews: 1
7. Re: Kure Beach, nc

We have used Victory in the past with good results. For the past two years we have rented through United Beach Vacations. I highly recommend them. Very professional, responsive, etc.

Pittsburgh...
8. Re: Kure Beach, nc

Thanks for the info on realtors...Any info that I can get on the area will be a big help.Realtors, places to eat, etc. thanks again

Kure Beach
9. Re: Kure Beach, nc

If you are planning a wedding in the Wilmington area, or one of the beaches, the Visitor's Bureau can help with your planning. They have all information from venues to flowers to caterers to accommodations. Give them a call at 800-222-4757 and tell them you need assistance.

Pittsburgh...
10. Re: Kure Beach, nc

Thanks, I will call the Visitor's Bureau.thanks again

Reply to: Kure Beach, nc
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted