We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kitty Hawk Sea Hawk

Which Kitty Hawk hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cincinnati
Kitty Hawk Sea Hawk

Just wondering if anyone has stayed at the Sea Hawk one of Joe Lamb's rental cottages? If so how did you like the cottage, Joe Lamb's rental company and some good places to visit and/or eat? Thanks for your information!

8 replies to this topic
Sterling, Virginia
1. Re: Kitty Hawk Sea Hawk

We have stayed at the Sea Hawk. From the moment we walked through the door we were pleasantly surprised at how homey the cottage felt. Everything was clean and in great shape. The living room was such a nice comfy place to sit and read or watch tv. The bedrooms wee all in great shape and the beds comfy. The decor was certainly beach themed!! The kitchen had everything we needed . The room I loved the best was the dining area. Wall to wall windows with the best view of the ocean!! I could sit there all day! The sliding doors lead out to the deck and I'm telling you....you can't get much closer to the sea!! I thought the house was perfect and will enjoying going back. There are so many restaurants in this area. Barefoot Bernie's, Hurricane Moe's, Ocean Blvd, Black Pelican and many more!

Cincinnati
2. Re: Kitty Hawk Sea Hawk

Thank you Virginia!! We can't wait for vacation!

Illinois
reviews: 1
3. Re: Kitty Hawk Sea Hawk

We have been going to The Sea Hawk for many, many years. We love it! It is an older but updated cozy cottage right by the sea. The thing we love most is the deck in the back of the cottage that also goes around to the side. It's totally worth the price of admission! You walk down the stairs and you're practically in the ocean! The cottage has three comfortable master suites plus two more bedrooms. The owners are very friendly and want everyone who comes there to have a good time.

The restaurants mentioned above are excellent. Our favorite is Kill Devil Grill on the beach road around MP 9 1/2. We also like Dare Devils Pizzeria and Bob's Grill, both at MP 9. The pizza place is on the beach road and Bob's is on the bypass. We really like the BBQ at Pigman's BBQ, bypass at MP 9.4.

Greensboro
reviews: 2
4. Re: Kitty Hawk Sea Hawk

I have been there many times. You cannot get a better view of the ocean, and that is what being at the beach is all about, right?! From the upstairs room, you can wake up and see the ocean right out of the window. From the deck.. walk down three steps, and there is the beach!

The cottage is bright and clean, with so many whimsical touches. One ca tell that the owners love the cottage! It is really a family home.

The cottage is centrally located to many tourist sights and fabulous restaurants. Some notable restaurants nearby include Ocean Blvd., Art's Place, The Rundown Cafe, Duck Donuts, and many more within a short distance.

You won't regret your stay here! Check out the mermaid on the front of the house!!

Cincinnati
5. Re: Kitty Hawk Sea Hawk

Thank you all for your replies! The sea Hawk sounds wonderful and vacation can't come soon enough!

Outer Banks
Destination Expert
for Outer Banks
reviews: 69
6. Re: Kitty Hawk Sea Hawk

The owners are very proud of their house and are the "hands on" type of owners that want happy guests returning each year. We, in the rental management companies, love this type of owners. There is a plan to add beach nourishment in front of the Kitty Hawk oceanfront homes in 2016 which will make the beaches there even better.

Cincinnati
7. Re: Kitty Hawk Sea Hawk

Thanks for the info!

Cincinnati
8. Re: Kitty Hawk Sea Hawk

Thank you everyone for your info about the Sea Hawk! We just returned from our week in Kitty Hawk ( boo hoo!) and loved every minute in the beach cottage. It is beautifully decorated and has everything that you could want in the kitchen. This will be the place that we will want to stay every time we come to the OBX. There are blinds in the dining area but no blind on the back door leading to the back porch. The sun blinds you when you are in the living room. Some kind of shade needs to be attached. Also the 1st floor master queen bed squeaks! I think the mattress needs to be replaced. Those are the only things that I could think of that need attention. Other than that, it is the most wonderful place to be and especially sitting out on the back porch. We spent so much time out there that we didn't want to leave! Thanks you to the owners for this cottage and thank you Joe Lamb Jr. for having everything ready for us when we arrived! Can't wait to come back!

Reply to: Kitty Hawk Sea Hawk
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted