We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kitty Hawk or Hatteras?

Which Kitty Hawk hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
East Lansing, MI
reviews: 2
Kitty Hawk or Hatteras?

My family and I are planning a trip to OBX in June and have never been there. We have a 3 1/2 y.o. son to consider with activities and location. Anyone suggest Kitty Hawk or Hatteras??? Things to do in each?

Virginia Beach...
Destination Expert
for Ocracoke
reviews: 49
1. Re: Kitty Hawk or Hatteras?

Well I guess it depends on how much entertainment your family desires. When our son was that age, all he needed for fun was the beach. We tended to spend more time south in Avon, Ocracoke or up north in Corolla, which at that time was less developed than it is now.

However, Kitty Hawk is full of options of activities, stores, mini golf, theatres, Jockey's Ridge, etc...Many types of restaurants, some good, some not so much. Many chain stores, and interesting local shops. You are also close to driving to other beaches both north and south.

Hatteras is much more laid back with respect to entertainment, but still offers great boutiques, gift shops and a vaiety of locally owned restaurants.

Virginia Beach...
Destination Expert
for Ocracoke
reviews: 49
2. Re: Kitty Hawk or Hatteras?

sorry- "variety"

3. Re: Kitty Hawk or Hatteras?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 pm, September 27, 2009