We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wine Tasting and more.....

Which Huntersville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Gainesville, Florida
Wine Tasting and more.....

I'm trying to plan a trip from Florida to North Carolina this summer to try the wine country and see some scenery. Can anyone give advice on where to stay for 3-4 days to visit some vineyards and also get to see waterfalls, mountains, or something different than what's in Florida? Have been to Asheville recently, but not to any other areas. Any suggestions would be helpful - thanks.

2 replies to this topic
US
reviews: 70
1. Re: Wine Tasting and more.....

On my recent visit to the vineyards, I stayed in Sobotta Manor Bed and Breakfast in Mount Airy and the Rockford Inn Bed and Breakfast in Dobson. They both were lovely and included a hearty breakfast. I also ate at the Trio Restaurant in Mount Airy, Dewey's in Elkin, and the restaurant at Shelton Vineyards. All three were excellent.

Take a look at Stone Mountain State Park. There are some nice trails there.

www.ncparks.gov/Visit/parks/stmo/main.php

Everything is fairly spread out so choose what you want to see and plan your route ahead of time.

Huntersville, North...
Destination Expert
for Huntersville
reviews: 33
2. Re: Wine Tasting and more.....

Ways 2 Go as just about summed it up. There is also a Hampton Inn and Suites near Elkin that is close to Shelton Vineyards. Childress Vineyards is also down the road in Lexington, NC. Stone Mountain State Park is great. I like hiking up the mountain trail then walking across the rock face to the falls. We try and hike it at least once a year.

Reply to: Wine Tasting and more.....
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted