We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reloc from Michigan to Huntersville area.....any advice?

Which Huntersville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Michigan
Reloc from Michigan to Huntersville area.....any advice?

Husband & I are relocating & are interested in the Huntersville area. Would like advice for area is like, is it growing too fast, crowded, have a small town feel, etc? Are taxes high in this area? And any advice or info for Statesville?

Thanx

michigan
1. Re: Reloc from Michigan to Huntersville area.....any advice?

we were in huntersville this week as we are relocating as well. Taxes are 1.4% of home value. It is not growing too fast, just as needed. great area as we as we found surrounding areas as well.

Charlotte, NC
reviews: 8
2. Re: Reloc from Michigan to Huntersville area.....any advice?

I moved to Huntersville one year ago and love it. I came from a smaller town, so it's nice to have so many things available to me. The new Northlake Mall at exit 18 is a very nice middle-priced mall, and great for walking. I do not have children at home anymore, but I do read a lot of negative reports about the Mecklenburg school system.

This area is growing extremely fast and home values are going up quickly. Beware of "starter" neighborhoods, as some of them are suffering from the effects of over-flexible financing and the "should not have qualified" home owners are ending up with evictions. Lincoln County and Cabarras County both have more wide-open spaces and lower taxes.

It seems that areas West of I-77 have easier access to the HWY, and there are other ways to access Charlotte, too (I-16 in Lincoln County, Beatties Ford Rd. andRt. 115). Traffic on 77 can be congested during the "commute" hours. We do have a nice mass transit system available, though, if you're working in Charlotte.

NC
reviews: 1
3. Re: Reloc from Michigan to Huntersville area.....any advice?

Sorry - I had to chuckle at the "nice mass transit system". Do you mean the CATS busses? Take your life in your own hands if you ride them!

Charlotte, NC
reviews: 8
4. Re: Reloc from Michigan to Huntersville area.....any advice?

Guess you can tell I'm still new here!