We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning a Nascar-based trip...

Which Huntersville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Appleton, WI
Planning a Nascar-based trip...

I'd like to visit the area with my husband and we are big Nascar fans. Any advise on what to include in our trip and if this is a good place to stay? I'm also wondering what our chances would be of catching a glimpse of Kasey Kahne somewhere since I think he lives in the area. Probably not very good, but I thought I would ask. Thanks for any help with planning our trip!

NC mountains
reviews: 7
1. Re: Planning a Nascar-based trip...

Well, you can visit Evernham Motorsports in Statesville, NC. They are the company that owns Kasey, Bill Elliott, and others. They design & build the cars there, so you can also tour those areas as well as see memorabilia, buy goodies at the gift shop, etc.

Fort Mill, South...
reviews: 26
2. Re: Planning a Nascar-based trip...

You can take a tour of the Lowes Motor Speedway most days during business hours. There is also a museum there but I have not been to it. Concord and Mooresville are two locations that have the race car building shops. You can also do the Richard Petty Driving Experience at LMS. If you get lucky you might even find yourself as an extra in the movie about racing that will be filmed at LMS. At the Concord Mills Mall at Speedway Blvd and I-85 you can ride the nascar simmulators. On HWY 29 not far from the speedway you have several hotels. Most of the names that you know. If you have hotel questions feel free to email me Highlaketravel@hotmail.com.