We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

nascar race

Which Huntersville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
indiana
nascar race

Hello, We are staying at the Country Inn Suites on Statesville road. Can you give me the best route to get to the race track. We are attending the may race in a few weeks. Also is this a nice motel...the rates are really high because of the race.but evewrywhere is booked up and we need a suite because there is a big group of us. Thanks... P>S How far will we be from the mooresville race shops?

Bay City, Michigan
reviews: 46
1. Re: nascar race

I believe this hotel is at exit 25 off 1-77. The race shop exit is 36, so its about 10 miles away.

You're not going to have much luck finding a non-expensive hotel during race week. Have you checked around more than Huntersville?

As for a route to the track - usually the hotels provide directions if you ask at the front desk. I did a map search for here and it says to follow 21 to NC-73 to Poplar Tent Church Rd (becomes Poplar Tent) and goes out to I-85. I'd say as far away from I-85 as possible. If I were driving this route, I'd follow those directions to Poplar Tent and then turn off on Derita Road (which will take you by Ganassi and Roush/Fenway Racing shops) down to Speedway Blvd. so you wouldn't have the back up on I-85. Speedway Blvd is going to back up, too - but there are stop lights thru there to help the flow of traffic.

Bay City, Michigan
reviews: 46
2. Re: nascar race

Correction to my first post - Derita turns onto Concord Mills Blvd, which turns into Speedway Blvd.

Also - depending on where your seats are - you could also follow Derita past Concord Mills Blvd where Derita becomes Odell School Road down to Mallard Creek Road and then that follows up to the other side of the speedway. Mallard Creek Rd. becomes Union School Rd. then Morehead Rd. This route also takes you away from the Speedway Blvd/I-85 traffic. You should be able to see Morehead Rd on the LMS maps. There is the usual people out to make a buck (or $30) for parking in their yards along Morehead, or there is the free speedway parking closer to the track. We usually take this way in and then park by the dirt track, but our seats are in the GM section on the frontstretch. You can look at the LMS map to figure out where the closest parking is to where ever your seats are.

Concord, North...
reviews: 23
3. Re: nascar race

Yes, it's a nice hotel...very good location. You are 20-25 miles from the Speedway. Lots of restaurants w/in walking distance (Longhorn, Chili's, Fuddruckers, Wendy's, O'Charlie's). Birkdale Village is about 2 miles (good shopping and restaurants, bars, etc..). Another route (and there are not many ) to the Speedway is take 73 to George W. Liles (Kannapolis blvd), turn right until it dead ends into Weddington Rd. Turn left on Weddington until you hit 29 (1st and only traffic light...about 2 miles). Turn right on 29 and you are about 4 miles from the Speedway.

4. Re: nascar race

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:22 am, August 31, 2009