We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping in Highlands

Which Highlands hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Georgia
reviews: 6
Shopping in Highlands

My sister and I are looking for a great place to spend the weekend shopping and having a couple of nice meals. Is there a lot of shopping to do or just a few stores? We will be there the end of September.

Weaverville, North...
reviews: 63
1. Re: Shopping in Highlands

I LOVE Highlands and it should be much cooler than Georgia! I guess it depends what you consider a lot of shopping. There is basically one main street that runs for about 3-4 blocks and most of the shops, galleries and restaurants are on that street. I have spent several hours shopping there with breaks for lunch or a drink and it has been very enjoyable.

SW Florida
reviews: 71
2. Re: Shopping in Highlands

There are many very interesting shops in Highlands. I would suggest my favorite shop, Silver Eagle. Great handmade Indian jewelry (my personal favorite) at amazing prices and a huge collection. Nice, friendly people. Lots to choose from. Moccassins, mugs, books, gifts. Acorns is also full of interessting things but very upscale prices. Jolie's has women's clothing at big discounts. You really have to hunt but there are some great buys. There is a great shop for fun things for dogs and cats. The Highland Hiker is also well stocked and great gear for the mountains. There's a neat old style toy store. Have lunch at Wild Thyme and after shopping get an ice cream at the corner deli next to Old Edwards Inn. By the way, don't miss seeing Dry Falls just 5 minutes from Main Street.

3. Re: Shopping in Highlands

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 am, September 08, 2009