We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place to get microbrewery/local beer near Salvo?

NJ
reviews: 4
Best place to get microbrewery/local beer near Salvo?

Is there anywhere in the area that I can go to in order to get some good local beers?

I dont want to just get Budweiser from a supermarket, I'd much prefer to be able to sample the local flavors, maybe a growler from a brewery, or a store that caters to people looking for something other than the large national watered down brands.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
reviews: 39
1. Re: Best place to get microbrewery/local beer near Salvo?

There is a place called Trio which opened up on 158 about 3 miles south of the bridge which has a huge selection of microbrews, local and otherwise. The original Trio is just before the bridge and would assume the same but I didnot stop in there. Harris Teeter also carried a pretty good selection. I was in the Nags Head store but again would assume the Corolla has a good selection also.

outerbanksvoice.com/2011/…

Hatteras Island...
2. Re: Best place to get microbrewery/local beer near Salvo?

The Village Grocery in Avon has a very good micro-brewery selection and 3 or 4 local brands in either 1/2 or 1 gallon jugs.

NJ
reviews: 4
3. Re: Best place to get microbrewery/local beer near Salvo?

Cool, will check them out when we go. Thanks.

Murrysville, PA
reviews: 49
4. Re: Best place to get microbrewery/local beer near Salvo?

If you're coming down 168, you can stop at The Weeping Radish in Jarvisburg - good beers and good meats as well!

Canada
reviews: 43
5. Re: Best place to get microbrewery/local beer near Salvo?

All good advice so far. We frequent the Village Grocer almost daily, brought home a case from the weeping radish; but what's missing is the Outer Banks Brewery in Kitty Hawk. They have great food, do tasting flights, and will even sell you growlers. (I have a couple to take back and refill.)

Amherst...
reviews: 17
6. Re: Best place to get microbrewery/local beer near Salvo?

franki do you have more specific details on kittyhawk brewery? Is it the Weeping Radish Farm brewery? I wouldn't mind a growler or two on my way through this weekend when we head up to Corolla. I'm looking for a good IPA that I haven't tried yet.

Murrysville, PA
reviews: 49
7. Re: Best place to get microbrewery/local beer near Salvo?

The Weeping Radish Farm Brewery is located on the right hand side of 158 in Jarvisburg, about 15 minutes before you get to the Wright Brothers Memorial Bridge.

The Outer Banks Brewing Station is located on the Bypass in Kill Devil Hills - it's on the right as you're going south - you can't miss the windmill!

8. Re: Best place to get microbrewery/local beer near Salvo?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 pm, October 10, 2012