We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scruggs Opry House- Belmont

Which Gastonia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NC
reviews: 1
Scruggs Opry House- Belmont

Had to post under Charlotte and Gastonia since TA has no Belmont forum...but...wanted to let travelers know of a new Bluegrass venue in the area. The Scruggs Opry House opened April 13 with a Gospel Concert and will feature bluegrass on Saturday nights.

The venue is located on N. Main St in Belmont, NC one block north of City Hall in a small storefront. It's an intimate setting seating about 50 people. Anthony Scruggs ( yes, he's a cousin of Earl Scruggs) has done a fine job with lighting and sound, and they have snacks available for patrons.

The bluegrass concerts are being kicked off tonight with "A Deeper Shade of Blue" and "The Far City Boys" - shows start at 7:00 pm.

Scruggs Opry House is a family-friendly environment with no alcohol or smoking. Initially, the concerts are FREE!

Dining venues downtown include Sammy's Deli & Pub and Old Stone Steakhouse ( a new venture by the LeVecchias of Charlotte seafood fame), and Caravan Coffee House. All are walkable from the Opry House. There's plenty of on-street and off-street parking.

Y'all come!

NC
1. Re: Scruggs Opry House- Belmont

Here's an update for those who might access this post via a search - we went thirty minutes early and the place was already full and standing room only with about as many outside as inside. Looks like you'd have to go an hour early and stand in line until the doors open to get a seat. They need a larger venue.

N.C.
2. Re: Scruggs Opry House- Belmont

Do you know what kin Anthony is? I am also kin to Earl and I live in Gastonia. My grandmother is Aquilla Emma Scruggs. Her sister is Sally. Earls mom. I haven't met Anthony but love to keep in touch with family. We just recently had the Brooks/Scruggs reunion. I was wondering if you could tell me how to reach Anthony or when I might catch him at the Opry House. I have all of our relatives pictures dating back to Great, Great Grandparents and he might want to have a copy of some of these. Thank you so much for any help you might give me.

Shana Brooks Sinclair

NC
3. Re: Scruggs Opry House- Belmont

Shana - go to my profile page and send me a private message and I will send you his contact info.

Indy
4. Re: Scruggs Opry House- Belmont

Bud, my name is Jim Champion, I use to play music with Anthony and my friend Ron at the Hoyle family farm in the 80's. I've been trying to find R.T. for a number of years with no luck. I'm sure Anthony would still now how to contact Ron. Is there any way you could help?

NC
5. Re: Scruggs Opry House- Belmont

Here's Anthony's website - hope this helps:

http://scruggsopryhouse.blogspot.com/

6. Re: Scruggs Opry House- Belmont

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:25 am, August 31, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Gastonia