We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay?

Which Corolla hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
wisdoc
reviews: 2
Where to stay?

My family (husband, 2 daughters - ages 4 and 2, and me) are coming for the week starting July 16th. We have been looking at many houses to rent but are feeling a bit overwhelmed. I think we want to stay in Corolla or Duck and spend in the low $2000's or less. We would like to be close to the beach and maybe have access to a pool. Anybody have any recommendations for a house?

Thanks!

Outer Banks
Destination Expert
for Outer Banks
reviews: 69
1. Re: Where to stay?

You are going to have a hard time since July is the peak month and 98% of the homes here will be booked solid. Most have already been reserved and those close to the beach, with pool, and cheap are going to be long gone. Start visiting the rental company websites and search the dates you want to see if anything is available. Don't worry too much about where you are, there is 100 miles of beach here and lots to do in most places and you can make a short drive to those places you want to visit.

Outer Banks, NC
reviews: 8
2. Re: Where to stay?

OBX200 is spot on--you rar pretty late.

Here are some listings that may suit your needs if not your wants:

http://www.atlanticrealty-nc.com/property/search?availability[checkin]=7%2F16%2F2011&availability[checkout]=7%2F23%2F2011&availability[arrival]=2011-07-16&availability[nights]=7&type_1=All&area=Oceanside&occu=4&beds=

Ashburn, VA
Destination Expert
for Outer Banks
3. Re: Where to stay?

Brindley Beach Vacations has several listings available that week. They are in Corolla, some in Corolla Light which has a community pool. All are walkable to the beach. I searched for $2500 or less.

MD
reviews: 19
4. Re: Where to stay?

Well, it isn't as bad as you were informed. There's still places available and I only checked one rental agency.

Here's one that meets your specs . . .

www.beachrealtync.com/rental/house.html…

A few more with pool, but little farther from the beach, so little more walking, but not bad really . . .

Perfect spots and pretty close, but no pool -

Edited: 6:47 am, May 08, 2011
5. Re: Where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 pm, October 01, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Corolla