We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cabin for 1 night

Which Cherokee hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mount Vernon, Iowa
reviews: 2
Cabin for 1 night

My husband and I are road-tripping along the Appalachian trail in August. After we drive the Blue Ridge Parkway we would like to stay at a cabin for 1 night near Cherokee, NC. Most cabins we have found have a 2 night minimum, which we are unable to do.

Does anyone know of a cabin in this area that we can book for one night? We are willing to pay up to $200 a night and ideally the location would be more secluded. We would like to take in the scenery instead of the city. We'd even be willing to drive to the Gatlingburg area.

Thanks for your help!

North Carolina
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
reviews: 56
1. Re: Cabin for 1 night

Maggie Valley, NC is near Cherokee and has a number of properties along the creek that runs through the town. It's a smaller town than either Cherokee or Gatlinburg. The only cabins I've seen personally are at the Cataloochee Ranch - it's in a gorgeous setting high above the town. The rates are a bit higher than $200, but they include breakfast and dinner. There are other cabins in Maggie Valley - they're listed under 'Specialty Lodging' on Tripadvisor. Your trip sounds like a blast. Hope you find that cabin!

blacksburg va
reviews: 30
2. Re: Cabin for 1 night

try www.watershedcabins.com

we did this in june.

yes,they sort of have a 2 night policy,but if they have a place not booked withing a few days of your stay they let you book it for 1 night.and at a 20% discount.

place was amazing, had everything you needed as well as some things our usual place in Gatlinburg did not,such as functioning gas grill.

they have what they call tree houses.basicly half a cabin.but you would not know that on the oether side there was anyone there.

you can check their website and see whats booked and if it gets close and you are worried then pay the full amount and lock it in.

only negative we had was early check out... 11am.

blacksburg va
3. Re: Cabin for 1 night

It is less than 25 min from Cherokee, still has the outdoor hot tub, full kitchen,outdoor big deck, tv,washer dryer you name it.

weve always stayed at Gatlinburg falls since its closer to town but we loved watershed cabins.

ps.......we even booked it for 1 night on a Saturday .

Edited: 9:45 am, July 19, 2013
Mount Vernon, Iowa
reviews: 2
4. Re: Cabin for 1 night

Thanks for the info! We will definitely check it out!

blacksburg va
5. Re: Cabin for 1 night

Good luck.

Like I said, you may have to watch their site as your date ges closer.but my wife said the woman on phone was very candid about what her thought swere as far as if any of the places that they let you stay for 1 night would actually be booked before you get a chance.

only thing missing.and it really was not missing,just didn't work was the auto light on the gas grill.luckily I had brought one from home. they even have emergency flashlights and candles.ver y nice place.

NC
reviews: 107
6. Re: Cabin for 1 night

It really depends on what time of year you are going through there. If you are going at peak season, you more than likely will not find a cabin for just one night, unless you rent directly from the owner through vrbo or home away. By the time they pay the cleaning company, they won't make any money from just a 1 night stay.

7. Re: Cabin for 1 night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, July 28, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Cherokee