We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clearing Customs in 1 hour and 16 mins

Which Charlotte hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
boise
Clearing Customs in 1 hour and 16 mins

I will be flying into CLT on 8/10/12 at 8:55pm from Costa Rica. I have to go through customs then get a connecting flight using the same airline United flying to Denver CO. I only have 1 hour and 16 minutes between flights. Is this enough time to get through customs having 1 checked on bag and a carry on?

Charlotte, NC
reviews: 159
1. Re: Clearing Customs in 1 hour and 16 mins

A bit tight but possible due to the fact that it is in the evening & not early afternoon when most European flights are scheduled... Still, United (if on the same booking) guarantees to put you on the next flight *if there is one) or hotel- overnight..... It is not the customs, but Immigration - it greatly depends how many are on duty that night.

A bit puzzling :geographically: "I have to go through customs then get a connecting flight using the same airline United flying to Denver CO."

Edited: 12:43 pm, August 05, 2012
mahwah nj
reviews: 10
2. Re: Clearing Customs in 1 hour and 16 mins

yes...clt is a very small and contained airport...no worries!!!!!

reviews: 58
3. Re: Clearing Customs in 1 hour and 16 mins

This is could be close depending on how many other flights are arriving at the same time. Sometimes immigration isn't bad but then it takes a good 25 min to get your bag from the plane especially if the flight is operated by US airways.

Bedoin, France
reviews: 10
4. Re: Clearing Customs in 1 hour and 16 mins

Perhaps the OP will come back and tell us if he/she was successful as the travel date was noted as August 10, 2012.

I've never managed to get through immigration (and collect my bags for transfer) in Charlotte in less than 2 hours, but I've always arrived at the same time as several other Int'l flights, so just bad luck perhaps.

5. Re: Clearing Customs in 1 hour and 16 mins

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, August 25, 2013