We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

downtown hotel this weekend

Which Charlotte hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Charleston, Sc
reviews: 16
downtown hotel this weekend

want a good central to walk to restaurants, bars, etc for Sat night. Looking at Marriott & Marriott Courtyard or the Hyatt House... any thoughts on those? thanks!

Also - what are happening places for a Sat night, mid-late 30 yr old couple. We're going to the rafting center during the day - can't wait!

thanks!

Charlotte, North...
reviews: 68
1. Re: downtown hotel this weekend

If you stay at the Hampton or Hilton Garden Inn hotels in uptown- across from the NASCAR Hall of Fame ( about 15-20 min. from the airport by taxi or bus), they have a free shuttle that will take you to and pick you up from anywhere within 3 miles of the hotels. That will get you to lots of excellent resturants and acitivities uptown. The Epicenter (not a bad walk from the hotlels, or use the shuttle) has a movie theatre, bowling alley and wide variety of resturants, and there are several museums uptown- from Discovery Place (Science) to the Levine Museum of the New South (history) and multiple Art museums.

Charlotte
reviews: 7
2. Re: downtown hotel this weekend

I don't know why anyone would want to stay at that Hampton Inn or Hilton Garden Inn if they wanted to be in a "good central" location. These hotels are a decent walk (in the heat) to where the action is, and who wants to wait on a shuttle?

The Marriott is the most central but either the Courtyard or (brand new) Hyatt are good locations too. Any would be fine.

Indian Trail, North...
Destination Expert
for Charlotte
reviews: 49
3. Re: downtown hotel this weekend

I recently stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in Uptown and loved it. Great hotel. Waited 5 min on the shuttle, and the driver was super nice! We stayed for an event at BOA stadium but would also book here in the future if wanting to head out in the evening to bars/restaurants. That being said though I have also stayed at the Marriott and Holiday Inn Center City - and they are definitely right in the mix, places literally right outside the hotel doors. :)

Charlotte, NC
reviews: 158
4. Re: downtown hotel this weekend

Hyatt or HI Center City would be my choice. Bechtler Museum - fun to visit, & if in town on Friday - Jazz night - Aug. 3.

bechtler.org/Learn/…jazz-at-the-bechtler-22

Also see Visulite - short taxi ride (depending where you stay)..

http://www.visulite.com/

NERDVANA! NC's Award winning burlesque show returns!

www.visulite.com/showDetails.cfm?showID=1432

Charleston, Sc
reviews: 16
5. Re: downtown hotel this weekend

Thanks for the responses! glad to hear HI Center City was one the choices, too, because I just got that one on Priceline... $57! I figured for that price & location we could be happy:)

now what to do for just one night...

Indian Trail, North...
Destination Expert
for Charlotte
reviews: 49
6. Re: downtown hotel this weekend

Great price! You'll be very happy with that choice, you'll see. :) Right across the street from the front door at HI is Cosmos, trendy bar - great drinks and apps, and maybe a good place to start your evening. After that just walk around, have the bartenders point you in the right direction, literally tons of places in walking distance from sports bars to irish pubs. Rock Bottoms is a favorite of ours. Great fish tacos!

7. Re: downtown hotel this weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 pm, August 21, 2013