We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving From Atlanta To Charlotte

Which Charlotte hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sarasota, Florida
reviews: 4
Driving From Atlanta To Charlotte

I will be driving with my two boys (9 and 12) is there anything to see or do along the way?

North Carolina
reviews: 23
1. Re: Driving From Atlanta To Charlotte

When driving through Gaffney, check out the peach on your left.

Raleigh, North...
reviews: 12
2. Re: Driving From Atlanta To Charlotte

That's what I was going to say! It is a good place to stop and buy peaches but you can also check it out at 70 MPH.

Charlotte, North...
reviews: 88
3. Re: Driving From Atlanta To Charlotte

If shopping is 'needed' there is a large outlet 'mall' just before you get to the big peach mentioned above.Tommy Hilfiger, Sketchers, etc. Close to Charlotte, you could get off at Sam Wilson Road (exit 29 I think- just after you cross the Catawba River coming into Mecklinburg county) and visit the Whitewater Center. It has rafting, canoeing, kayaking, and ziplines as well as a picnic area. Or Carowinds amusement park is not on I=85, but is only about a 20-25 min. ride out of your way- just take I485 over to I77 south. It has a water park as well.

NC
reviews: 10
4. Re: Driving From Atlanta To Charlotte

The Beacon in Spartanburg. If you have time, the Art Museum at Bob Jones University in Greenville, SC is a hidden gem! It has a world class collection of art from many periods - lots of European masters and one of the best Renaissance collections in the world. Worth an hour or two if you can spare it. Check times, though - it has limited access. http://bjumg.org/ I know your kids are a little young, but it's never too early to expose them to great learning. I've taken middle school kids there and they loved it.

Edited: 6:19 am, July 31, 2012
NC
reviews: 10
5. Re: Driving From Atlanta To Charlotte

P.S. Addendum to above - the museum has activities for kids - such as this scavenger hunt: …rackcdn.com/2012/03/11143_M_G_Scavenger_Hun…

Charlotte
reviews: 7
6. Re: Driving From Atlanta To Charlotte

If your kids are into cars, there's the BMW factory with a free museum right off of I-85 in Spartanburg, SC:

bmwusfactory.com/zentrum/…

A good stop about halfway for lunch is California Dreaming:

californiadreaming.co/locations/…

Chapel Hill, North...
reviews: 13
7. Re: Driving From Atlanta To Charlotte

There's not much of North Carolina between Atlanta and Charlotte. Plenty of Charlotteans have done the drive, but you might also ask your question in the SC forum. They may have some ideas for you there, too.

Charlotte, NC
reviews: 159
8. Re: Driving From Atlanta To Charlotte

Greenville, SC

Liberty Bridge at Falls Park on the Reedy

http://www.fallspark.com/

The Zoo? igougo.com/attractions-reviews-b98841-Greenv…

Could be fun break for the kids....

If interested, post on Greenville, SC forum...

Pordenone, Italy
reviews: 99
9. Re: Driving From Atlanta To Charlotte

Thanks for the information. We will also drive from Atlanta to Charlotte and back...

10. Re: Driving From Atlanta To Charlotte

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, August 26, 2013