We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wine tours from Charlotte NC

Which Charlotte hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
new orleans, la
reviews: 5
wine tours from Charlotte NC

We are visiting over July 4th week...where can I find information on tours providing transportation etc. pickup and drop off in Charlotte?

Any information is appreciate..

Carla

Charlotte, NC
reviews: 158
1. Re: wine tours from Charlotte NC

Not sure about the cost, etc., but here is some info.

http://www.northcarolinawinetours.com/

new orleans, la
reviews: 5
2. Re: wine tours from Charlotte NC

Yes I found this too and the website is not very clear. I will have to call them. I am rethinking my hotel..if I want to do wine tours where would you suggest staying instead of right in Charlotte?

Charlotte, North...
reviews: 68
3. Re: wine tours from Charlotte NC

The 'wine area' of NC is more to the east. There are LOTS of wineries in the Lexington/Winston-Salem/ Greensboro area.That's about a 1 1/2 -2 hour drive from Charlotte. (It is also the heart of the eastern NC barbeque area- be sure to try some 'Lexington' style BBQ while there)

I ddin't realize how much this industry had grown in NC untill I started considering having the rehearsal dinner for our son's wedding at a winery near McCullough Castle where the wedding is to be held. Then I found hout how many wineries there are here! There are some that speciailize in non-grape wines (think blackberry, strawberry, etc.), some that focus more on NC varietals such as scupernong, and even one that only does mead, which is honey wine. Several NASCAR drivers or team owners have started wineries, including Childers and Jeff Gordan.

Oh and there is also the Biltmore House in Asheville that has it's own winery.

Wilkesboro, North...
reviews: 91
4. Re: wine tours from Charlotte NC

There are several wineries in the Yadkin Valley which includes Wilkes, Yadkin & Surry Counties of North Carolina. Two of the best are Shelton Vineyards and Raffadini Vineyards.

I recommend staying in the Mooresville area if you want to visit any of these vineyards as most can be reached right off I-77 North.

http://www.sheltonvineyards.com/

http://www.raffaldini.com/

Wilkesboro, North...
5. Re: wine tours from Charlotte NC

Here's a good map showing where all of the vineyards are.

http://www.visitncwine.com/wineries

charlotte
reviews: 15
6. Re: wine tours from Charlotte NC

We live in Charlotte and had a blast last year at Sterling Vineyards. It's about 90 minutes from Charlotte, and there's a really nice Hampton Inn at the same exit. We went up there overnight with a few other couples. The rooms are inexpensive but really nice and large. You can tour the vineyard/wine-making process in the afternoon, then have a tasting and buy bottles if you like....and then there's an AMAZING restaurant where you can have dinner later on, after you shower and rest up. The food is incredible, and it ain't cheap, but it's so much fun because they send a shuttle to the Hampton Inn to pick you up. It also brings you home, which is nice if you've guzzled a few bottles of wine! There are transportation companies that will drive you there from Charlotte and bring you back afterward, but it's really fun to spend the night up there and eat at the yummy restauran. Have fun!

Wilkesboro, North...
7. Re: wine tours from Charlotte NC

I think Rix means Shelton Vineyards and the restaurant is Harvest Grill.

8. Re: wine tours from Charlotte NC

Our family fav is Dennis Vineyards www.dennisvineyards.com. Family owned, wonderful service, great selection, great taste. Hope you get a chance to visit. Well worth the visit.

Edited: 6:01 pm, June 06, 2012
reviews: 41
9. Re: wine tours from Charlotte NC

One word of caution on the winery front. Many of the vineyards are limited (such as dennis vineyards) in the types of grapes they can grow. As a result, they are very Muscadine heavy.

uk
reviews: 1
10. Re: wine tours from Charlotte NC

I have just moved to Charlotte and would love to do a wine tour for our wedding anniversary. Would like one that is not too far away just for an overnight trip. Do you think Shelton Vineyards would be a good choice? Thanks