We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wingate Hotel I-85 Little Rock Rd Charlotte Airport

Which Charlotte hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
St. Paul, MN
reviews: 1
Wingate Hotel I-85 Little Rock Rd Charlotte Airport

My wife and I are staying in Charlotte before and after our flight overseas. I'm considering the Wingate Inn at I85 and Little Rock Rd due to its proximity (on foot) to restaurants, Food Lion nearby, etc.

Is this are safe to walk around to get to the aforementioned restaurants and market? We don't see ourselves out past 7:00pm either night because of our flights. I'd hate to think someone couldn't walk 3-4 blocks to get a bite to eat, but it is a sign f the times we live in. I don't want to rent a car just to stay safe!

Anyone who has stayed here in the past, or any locals that have some tips and pointers to dispense, please chime in. My thanks in advance!

Woodstock, Georgia
reviews: 46
1. Re: Wingate Hotel I-85 Little Rock Rd Charlotte Airport

I would not even stay in that area let alone walk around there.

Charlotte, North...
reviews: 68
2. Re: Wingate Hotel I-85 Little Rock Rd Charlotte Airport

I live in the area. Its a very short walk up to Food Lion and Showmars or Shoneys. You should be ok, especially in the very early evening. Just check out the review on the hotel first.

NC
3. Re: Wingate Hotel I-85 Little Rock Rd Charlotte Airport

I wouldn't walk after dark or alone in that area. You have a Hardees, Miguel's Mexican, Showmars - all quick food.... that's about it. Not a great area. You can get pizza delivery there.

Huntersville, North...
Destination Expert
for Huntersville
reviews: 26
4. Re: Wingate Hotel I-85 Little Rock Rd Charlotte Airport

You will be fine before dark. Shomars will have something to suit everyone and is only about 150 yards from your hotel.

St. Paul, MN
5. Re: Wingate Hotel I-85 Little Rock Rd Charlotte Airport

Thanks to all for their input. We're considering a hotel in a different part of the city. Perhaps one of the Hyatt Place hotels near I-77 and Tyvola area.

Safe travels!

Charlotte, NC
reviews: 158
6. Re: Wingate Hotel I-85 Little Rock Rd Charlotte Airport

Definitely a better area. You could also consider Sprinter Bus to downtown & stay there. Or hotels with shuttles that are close to Lynx station (BW Sterling)..

charmeck.org/city/…sprinter.aspx

http://www.lynxcharlotte.com/

It would be a shame not to see the city center (Epicentre)

Charlotte, North...
reviews: 68
7. Re: Wingate Hotel I-85 Little Rock Rd Charlotte Airport

For downtown consider the Hilton Garden Inn or the Hampton.

8. Re: Wingate Hotel I-85 Little Rock Rd Charlotte Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:43 pm, June 18, 2013