We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to and from the airport

Which Charlotte hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kettering, United...
reviews: 134
Getting to and from the airport

Apologies as I'm sure this question has been asked (and answered) many a time but I cannot find it on a search. But what are the best ways to get from and to the airport. I am arriving very early morning (6/7ish) and need to be back by about 5pm. What are my options. If a taxi is the best option what sort of cost am I looking at? I would be going to central Charlotte (unless anyone has got better ideas!)

Indian Trail, North...
Destination Expert
for Charlotte
reviews: 55
1. Re: Getting to and from the airport

Not too sure, but the last time I rented a car it was 23.00 for 24 hours - that would be much cheaper than a taxi. :)

NC
reviews: 1
2. Re: Getting to and from the airport

City bus does run from the airport to center city. Allow plenty of time. Taxi is the most expensive. I am sure some shuttle companies run those as well.

Charlotte, NC
reviews: 159
3. Re: Getting to and from the airport

Sprinter bus is the cheapest & quite convenient.

Excellent service; inexpensive... It's gaining popularity. When it started, it was used mainly by UK & German tourists.. Now - they even increased the frequency....(20 minutes during weekdays and every 30 minutes during nights and weekends. )

see the website & download the schedule...

charmeck.org/city/…sprinter.aspx

Sprinter= Bus No. 5 - that is the one bud41 refers to...

charmeck.org/city/…default.aspx

I think it is still $1.75 though rumor is that it will increase to $2. Still, much better value than $23-25 taxi...or more?

Forget car rental; not cheap in CLT & parking costs can be high...

I would take the sprinter, have a nice breakfast or early lunch & visit Bechtler and/or another museum...(Unless you have another reason for the layover...)

Edited: 10:19 am, February 02, 2012
Kettering, United...
reviews: 134
4. Re: Getting to and from the airport

Excellent. Thanks for the answers.

Lacey, Washington
Destination Expert
for Charlotte
reviews: 100
5. Re: Getting to and from the airport

I would say it depends on where in the city you are heading and at what time. The rental shuttles are off-site, but not like in huge cities, is literally a block down the street. Agree that rentals can be quite high and the taxes are what gets you. The cost for a cab will depend on whether you go inside the city of Charlotte (I-277) or outside the loop.

6. Re: Getting to and from the airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:24 am, May 17, 2013