We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time in North Carolina, what should we do?

Which Charlotte hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Miami, Florida
reviews: 18
First time in North Carolina, what should we do?

Hi everyone! I will be going to Charlotte, NC February 11th. 2012 - February 14th, 2012. On the 12th were driving up to Raleigh but coming back the same day to visit family. The 11th is my boyfriends and I 6 year anniversary so any suggestions would be helpful! (We're satisfied with dinner and a movie!) We've never been there before and we won't be there long but would like to enjoy our time there. Also, what do you recommend we pack, were driving up from Miami, Fl and I know the weather is not the same.

Edited: 11:26 am, January 31, 2012
Charlotte, North...
reviews: 88
1. Re: First time in North Carolina, what should we do?

In early Feb. you could have anything from very low temps and snow/ice/rain (below 28 degrees) to very high temps, sunny, wind, etc. (above 60 degrees). More typically, you'll have lows aroundf 36-42 and highs around 50-60. Plan to bring things you can layer. Bring rain gear in case. There's lots to do and see. What are your intersts? There are quite a few excellent art/history/science museums uptown. EpiCenter has resturants, theatres and bowling. Lots of very good resturants uptown, too. Or go further afield- there are some good places in Gastonia (about a 20 min. drive down I-85), like Rodi Mediterain Grill- it would be a great place for a celebratory dinner- and it's not very expensive. Where are you staying? The Hilton Garden Inn or the Hampton uptown are across from the NASCAR Hall of Fame and well located to get to anything uptown.

Charlotte, NC
reviews: 159
2. Re: First time in North Carolina, what should we do?

Theatre & Symphony:

http://www.blumenthalarts.org/?blumenthal=41

Original Tribute to the Blues Brothers is supposed to be great....

See the suggestions on the right-hand side - some may be worth considering, :(free or almost free..)

As it is close to Valentine's Day, some restaurants may be packed.....

Still quite warm..but check the forecast closer to the date...

Indian Trail, North...
Destination Expert
for Charlotte
reviews: 55
3. Re: First time in North Carolina, what should we do?

Also the Hampton Inn Southpark has a 'couples night out' package that includes a gift certificate to a nearby restaurant in the Southpark area and movie tickets to a theater right w/ in walking distance. Would also be a nice home base to explore the city too if you didn't want to stay Uptown.

4. Re: First time in North Carolina, what should we do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 am, May 21, 2013