We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

48 min connection time

Which Charlotte hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 61
48 min connection time

I'm about to book flights for my vacation. I have the option to fly Tampa Bay to Charlotte to Toronto. I'm Canadian and this will be the first time I'll have been in the States since 1993.

Is 48 mins enough of a connection time in Charlotte? Both the flight to Charlotte and to Toronto are US Airways. If flying within Canada, I would book a flight with 48 mins connection time.

I don't know if I have to pre-clear customs in Charlotte or anything.

Thanks

Mississippi
reviews: 9
1. Re: 48 min connection time

I would not take a chnce on missing your flight to Toronto even if you have to layover in Charlotte for 2 hours. I have been through there many times and I always book a flight with a two hour layover. It's a nice airport and there's plenty to keep you busy for two hours. Just one problem and you will miss your flight. Don't take a chance. Good luck.

Chattanooga...
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Smoky Mountains
reviews: 83
2. Re: 48 min connection time

You should clear what is needed prior to boarding your flight in Tampa. They will not let you start your journey if you do not have the correct papers.

BUT, I would check with US Airways and ask for the LEGAL connecting times between your fights in Charlotte. If it does not qualify, do not confirm. If you miss it, it will be considered an "illegal" connection and the airline will not help you. Check on that before confirming anything.

NC
reviews: 1
3. Re: 48 min connection time

I concur. I would not risk it. It's possible - but it is a gamble.

Charlotte, NC
reviews: 159
4. Re: 48 min connection time

If both flights are booked through US Airways, same ticket, then, if you miss the flight, US Airways will put you on another flight, even on AC. I am surprised they would book it so tight though, 60 minutes is their minimum.... What is the flight number? No customs or immigration; just Canadian authorities in YYZ.

Good Luck!

Pine, Colorado
reviews: 103
5. Re: 48 min connection time

Honestly we would not risk missing the flight to have a 48 minute connection unless it was our only option possible.

US
reviews: 69
6. Re: 48 min connection time

Ditto!

I've done this once. Very little room for error. It was rather nerve-wracking because I it was important that I made the connection.

But, some people don't mind if they miss their connection--they are very flexible.

That may be the case for you.

US
reviews: 69
7. Re: 48 min connection time

Tried to fix my grammar--didn't quite work!

Edited: 8:19 am, January 19, 2012
8. Re: 48 min connection time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:21 am, February 22, 2013