We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

coca-cola 600 2012 hotels need advice where to stay

Which Charlotte hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Salt Lake City, Utah
coca-cola 600 2012 hotels need advice where to stay

we have tickets for race weekend, now are looking for a place to stay. most i have read steers us to mooresville or concorde. we have never been there. spending a full week doing the races, hof, and race shop tours. we are on a budget and need ideas. also i have heard some hotels have nascar theme rooms? anyone that can respond do's or donts would be appriciated thanks

NC
reviews: 1
1. Re: coca-cola 600 2012 hotels need advice where to stay

Many hotels near the Speedway in Concord. It's crowded and busy - lots of traffic. Concord Mills Mall near the speedway is the most visited site in North Carolina. That's the most convenient spot for race activities. Book early. Rates will be peak that week - not sure there will be ANY in the whole region that will be budget priced.

Concord, North...
reviews: 39
2. Re: coca-cola 600 2012 hotels need advice where to stay

Concord. There probably are a dozen newer hotels between the mall and the Speedway. Most are mid-range chain hotels. Not sure about theme rooms, but Quaker Steak restaurant is a racing them "wings, beer, burgers, etc." restaurant. NASCAR Hall of fame is about 20-25 minutes and great stop for racing (or non racing, for that matter) fans. I think $20 per (half that for kids).

Charlotte, NC
reviews: 159
3. Re: coca-cola 600 2012 hotels need advice where to stay

Holiday Inn Express near Concord Mills Mall would be my choice. Check others in the area.

Hotels: tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g49049-d223376-…

sleepinn.com/hotel-concord-north_carolina-NC…

http://www.embassysuitesconcord.com/

Mall: www.simon.com/mall/default.aspx?ID=1239

www.simon.com/mall/malldirectory.aspx?id=1239

www.­tripadvisor.­com/­Attraction_Revie­w-­g49049-­d290513-­Reviews-­Concord_Mills_Ma­ll-­Concord_North_Ca­rolina.­html

Read about this one - excellent rate:

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g49049-d224326-…

Edited: 11:11 am, November 08, 2011
Salt Lake City, Utah
4. Re: coca-cola 600 2012 hotels need advice where to stay

Thanks for the replys & links

Savannah, Ga
Destination Expert
for Cherokee, Tybee Island
reviews: 5
5. Re: coca-cola 600 2012 hotels need advice where to stay

I was up there a few weeks ago for a car show at the track. We stayed at the Courtyard Charlotte - Concord. It is a new hotel and was really nice. It was on Burton Smith Blvd. which is the exit where concord Mills mall is. This hotel was about a mile from the track. The are several hotels at this exit. I would try to stay at this one but expect the rates to be higher.

Also keep in mind that the track is actually in Concord. Just to add that I made the mistake of going up at the last minute in April to a car show at the racetrack and ended up staying 30 miles away. Everything books up quick.

Salt Lake City, Utah
6. Re: coca-cola 600 2012 hotels need advice where to stay

Thanks for all your help, Yes they book up quick, wanted to stay close to the track but ended up booking the holiday inn xpress concord/kannapolis. now to start planing everything else. is the 600 festival/speed street as fun as it looks? Thanks again

Savannah, Ga
Destination Expert
for Cherokee, Tybee Island
7. Re: coca-cola 600 2012 hotels need advice where to stay

It has been a while since I have been to a race at the track. I us to go all the time but since I quit playing with the dirt cars I try and stay away. I do the hot rods now. That said when The promoters at Charlottee do an event they do it first class all the way. I would do the festival speed street.

Charlotte, NC
reviews: 159
8. Re: coca-cola 600 2012 hotels need advice where to stay

Speed Street is a lot of fun - see video:

www.youtube.com/watch…

www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=LhlG6pIBZ34

2012 - actually, it's Food Lion + the City of Charlotte who should get credit for the organization of the event. I agree - first class....

http://www.600festival.com/

check the updates around Christmas..

glasgow
reviews: 3
9. Re: coca-cola 600 2012 hotels need advice where to stay

can i suggest you have a look at www.raceshoptours.net for a day long tour around a good number of the race shops. Although other companies may do this I would wholeheartedly recommend this one.

I travelled to NC from Glasgow Scotland and could never have got myself around the race shops myself. Trisha, who is the owner made a special journey into uptown Charlotte to pick me and my mate up and really made us feel special and made the tour. Her persona; touch and friendlyness is a way into to some of the aspects of the garages you just wouldnt see as all of the staff know her and help her out with "extras" when they can. I watched the 88 pit crew train and had a chance to chat with some of the crew and also got a lug nut directly taken of a 5 car.

Since i got home from Charlotte in 2010 i have kept in touch with Trisha such was her friendlyness. She made that tour and along with the races was the highlight of my trip to the states.

I can also recommend Speed Street however as a non US citezen there was a lot i couldnt take part in! Oh and the Hall of Fame - Awesome!

Currently planning Daytona for July. so excitied!

10. Re: coca-cola 600 2012 hotels need advice where to stay

We are looking at coming back again for the second time to the May races from London Ontario and stayed at the Super 8 in Salisbury last time. We were quite happy there but would like to be a little closer. What is the area like around the Super 8 Charlotte University area?

Can you tell my which are the areas to stay away from. Thanks in advance for any help you can give us