We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sleeping in the daytime

Which Charlotte hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
reviews: 2
Sleeping in the daytime

I have already asked about sleeping in a park during the day and got an excellent reply but because of arriving at Charlotte airport(change of flight from San Francisco) at 6am and not departing until 6pm(4pm at the airport) I was wondering if I could find an hotel where I could book a room for during the day. Any tips or comments would be greatly appreciated thanks

philadelphia
reviews: 6
1. Re: Sleeping in the daytime

sleep on the plane and check out charlotte

NC
reviews: 1
2. Re: Sleeping in the daytime

There are hotels that offer day rates, I am sure. Call a few of the hotels around the hotel and ask if they have a " day rate" for travelers.

Manchester, United...
3. Re: Sleeping in the daytime

Thank you Bud..I have started e mailing some hotels in the city..

Manchester, United...
4. Re: Sleeping in the daytime

Thanks Mexico.....but I find it hard to sleep on a plane

Midlands
reviews: 63
5. Re: Sleeping in the daytime

Hi

Anyone have any luck with day rooms, as I am looking for the same.

Thanks

Charlotte, NC
reviews: 158
6. Re: Sleeping in the daytime

Only US Airways Lounges - no cots; just comfy chairs. @$50/entry or $40 - prepaid - not sure if it's worth the money...

sleepinginairports.net/airport-lounges/index…

Hotels with free shuttle do not advertise a "Day Rate" - but everything is negotiable...Best advice: find out from Hotwire lowest rate & guess which hotel, then call direct, ask for the Manager & offer the same or slightly lower rate - explain how long you would need..

some property owners from airbnb.com might do it...But only worthy if:

on Sprinter bus line; i.e. downtown (here referred to as Uptown"

Not sure if this helps, but last year I called around for cheapest rates; here is the thread:

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g49022-i291-k413724…

Good Luck & let us know if it worked.....

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g49022-d94199-R…

Midlands
reviews: 63
7. Re: Sleeping in the daytime

Thanks for the info, will let you know how it goes

Lacey, Washington
Destination Expert
for Charlotte
reviews: 96
8. Re: Sleeping in the daytime

I'm with you, I can't do it either and I fly 20+ RT's a year. There are some nooks and crannys of the airport that are more quiet than others (Terminal D seems to be the most quiet, is International and doesn't have as many flights). It's not guaranteed you'd be able to sleep, but I'd think it better than having to leave and then go through security again. Good luck!

9. Re: Sleeping in the daytime

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:27 am, March 12, 2013