We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

CLT Airport and Weather Impacts

Which Charlotte hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Saint Paul...
reviews: 43
CLT Airport and Weather Impacts

Quick question about the airport at Charlotte. What are the thresholds for weather impact? We're connecting on Thursday for a cruis eout of San Juan, PR and see that a little snow is forecast. Up here a couple inches are nothing but I know from living in other places a little can really goof things up. The weather service down there is saying morning commute Thursday could be impacted so what about the airport? How much does it take to cause delays down there?

Thanks.

North Carolina
reviews: 23
1. Re: CLT Airport and Weather Impacts

There is no ice in the forecast so a little bit of snow shouldn't impact CLT much, if at all. I would worry more about missing a connecting flight for other reasons.

It is generally a terrible idea to fly in the same day that your cruise departs.

NC
reviews: 1
2. Re: CLT Airport and Weather Impacts

Sometimes delays at CLT are caused by other cities for which it is a hub - chain reaction. I wouldn't think the local forecast would be a bad problem - but weather can be unpredictable.

Charlotte, NC
reviews: 158
3. Re: CLT Airport and Weather Impacts

Plenty of de-icing stuff at CLT. I have just called the airport @ 704*359-4013; no expected delays unless the flight originates somewhere else...

You could try their number again. You actually get a live person, eventually...:)

Saint Paul...
reviews: 43
4. Re: CLT Airport and Weather Impacts

Thanks much. I never know how different locations are set for handling solid water. Cruise isn't until Saturday so we have some forgiveness built into the schedule but had some touring in Puerto Rico planned for Friday. Rest of our group flies down Friday and looks like sunny and calm for them. Flight out of Minneapolis for us is so early, and originates here, the equipment ought to have been here overnight so less chance of chain reaction delays.

Latest weather says snow done by 10am and less than an inch anyway. A week ago the outlook was for an inch of ice so the trend is in the right direction.

Texas
reviews: 5
5. Re: CLT Airport and Weather Impacts

Is an hour and 1/2 enough time to do customs and get a getting flight out of CLT?

Charlotte, NC
reviews: 158
6. Re: CLT Airport and Weather Impacts

Tight - but possible, unless connecting when Lufthansa & US Airways planes arrive - early afternoon- from London, Munich, Frankfurt, etc. Then 2 hrs are recommended.... Which flight? When?

There was a similar post not that long ago, with 70 minutes....The US airways had to put them on the next flight...

7. Re: CLT Airport and Weather Impacts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, December 20, 2012